Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Public Hunting Opportunities

Old 08-21-2016, 08:56 AM   #101
Jtaps
Four Point

Hunt In: Hopefully your place

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerGrapevine View Post
Congrats to the winners. For those doubting our methods we put pieces of paper with all the numbers on them and how many people on each application and our Admin who is Blind draws numbers from an old cookie can until we have 250 permits. So I'm sorry for those who seem to never get it!
Thanks for the transparency! It's appreciated
Jtaps is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2016, 10:07 AM   #102
Larry
Ten Point

Another no draw. 0 for 6. Surprised? Not at all. I've come to expect it. Call me a whiner all you want, but that's ridiculous. Absolutely absurd. Maybe it's time to let a computer draw the numbers and implement a preference point system.
Larry is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2016, 10:27 AM   #103
XBOW STALKER
Four Point

Hunt In: TEXAS

Well crap!
Yep I'm out
XBOW STALKER is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2016, 12:17 PM   #104
Etxnoodler
Six Point

Etxnoodler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2016, 02:32 PM   #105
justhrowit
Ten Point

Hunt In: Your tree stand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
Another no draw. 0 for 6. Surprised? Not at all. I've come to expect it. Call me a whiner all you want, but that's ridiculous. Absolutely absurd. Maybe it's time to let a computer draw the numbers and implement a preference point system.
I like the preference point system but it just won't happen. It can be talked every year, and it will be, but the USACE is not a hunting management company or organization. They just don't have the resources to manage a point system, unfortunately. They pick names manually, for God's sake. Certainly there is a very cheap or free way to pick numbers electronically?
I'll be curious how many don't pick up permits, again, this year. There is still a major curiosity if antis are applying, but that's a sort of conspiracy theory that I don't feel like writing more about. Larry, you and I have texted and talked to nauseous levels about it. I'm surprised hunting is still allowed out there, honestly. Over the last 6 years, let's say the average number of applications is 500. I don't think that's too far off. By probability alone, I should have drawn three times. Same for Larry, or anyone else. Certainly the USACE can understand why some call the process a little fishy, especially when some people who are pretty vocal about the process continually don't get drawn. Perhaps it's a case of mathematical anomalies? Again... Perhaps I'll just chill out and ignore any conspiracy theory talk, once again.

In the end, I think most would agree, "there's got to be a better way". I know the Grapevine USACE folks are sick of us, but I think many are here to help, provided we could hunt and help make the land/system better, cleaner, safer, etc.

Good luck and congrats to those that have drawn. Hopefully those of us who've never drawn, will be next year.

Cheers

J

Last edited by justhrowit; 08-21-2016 at 02:59 PM..
justhrowit is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2016, 03:31 PM   #106
Blood Trail
Pope & Young

Hunt In: where the manicorn hunts....

6 years in a row, no draw. Oh well, got my duck permit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Blood Trail is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2016, 03:42 PM   #107
grizzman
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Texas and Arkansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by justhrowit View Post
I like the preference point system but it just won't happen. It can be talked every year, and it will be, but the USACE is not a hunting management company or organization. They just don't have the resources to manage a point system, unfortunately. They pick names manually, for God's sake. Certainly there is a very cheap or free way to pick numbers electronically?
I'll be curious how many don't pick up permits, again, this year. There is still a major curiosity if antis are applying, but that's a sort of conspiracy theory that I don't feel like writing more about. Larry, you and I have texted and talked to nauseous levels about it. I'm surprised hunting is still allowed out there, honestly. Over the last 6 years, let's say the average number of applications is 500. I don't think that's too far off. By probability alone, I should have drawn three times. Same for Larry, or anyone else. Certainly the USACE can understand why some call the process a little fishy, especially when some people who are pretty vocal about the process continually don't get drawn. Perhaps it's a case of mathematical anomalies? Again... Perhaps I'll just chill out and ignore any conspiracy theory talk, once again.

In the end, I think most would agree, "there's got to be a better way". I know the Grapevine USACE folks are sick of us, but I think many are here to help, provided we could hunt and help make the land/system better, cleaner, safer, etc.

Good luck and congrats to those that have drawn. Hopefully those of us who've never drawn, will be next year.

Cheers

J
The antis are skewing this up. I spoke with someone on staff a couple of years ago and they said that those people who are anti and applying make it known when they apply.

I still don't understand why Hagerman can do PP and Grapevine can't. Take it one step further and make IBEP certification part of the application process. That would weed out antis.
grizzman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2016, 04:52 PM   #108
justhrowit
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzman View Post
The antis are skewing this up. I spoke with someone on staff a couple of years ago and they said that those people who are anti and applying make it known when they apply.

I still don't understand why Hagerman can do PP and Grapevine can't. Take it one step further and make IBEP certification part of the application process. That would weed out antis.
How are anti's applying? Are these people taking their hunter's Ed classes? Every time I apply I need to show my Hunter's Ed cert. If these people are going in and actually saying "I'm here to take a spot" isn't it in the best interest of the USACE to just turn them away. It's a waste of the corp's time and borders illegal. Illegal is a stretch but some could see it as hunter harassment. I know... That's a stretch. Again.... There's a better way. Personally, charge a fee to apply. Gives dollars to the program and to those who it's not that important to hunt there, they won't apply, in theory. Perhaps it pushes some of the anti's out as well. I like the approach you mentioned similar to that H Place. I don't know the differences in Hagerman and Grapevine. Are both USACE properties?
Old 08-21-2016, 05:17 PM   #109
hooligan
Ten Point

Hunt In: Foard Co.

Maybe next year I'll put a bunch of people on my application so it's a bigger piece of paper.

At least I'll be out there duck hunting and chasing pigs. It is really weird that the same people are getting drawn year after year and the same are not getting drawn
hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2016, 06:13 PM   #110
grizzman
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by justhrowit View Post
How are anti's applying? Are these people taking their hunter's Ed classes? Every time I apply I need to show my Hunter's Ed cert. If these people are going in and actually saying "I'm here to take a spot" isn't it in the best interest of the USACE to just turn them away. It's a waste of the corp's time and borders illegal. Illegal is a stretch but some could see it as hunter harassment. I know... That's a stretch. Again.... There's a better way. Personally, charge a fee to apply. Gives dollars to the program and to those who it's not that important to hunt there, they won't apply, in theory. Perhaps it pushes some of the anti's out as well. I like the approach you mentioned similar to that H Place. I don't know the differences in Hagerman and Grapevine. Are both USACE properties?
I don't have to show anything but a driver's license when I apply. I don't ever recall being asked for hunter's ed, but I'm exempt anyway. Maybe they just look at me and figure that I was born before 1971.

The H is a NWR not USACE.
Old 08-21-2016, 06:16 PM   #111
bigmike585
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzman View Post

I was wondering about the antis too. Only thing that threw that idea for me was the hunters education requirement. I cant see a bunch of folks paying for and then spending the time on getting hunters ed card. But maybe if its that important to em.
bigmike585 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2016, 06:20 PM   #112
Booner Sooner
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Southeastern Oklahoma

I'm in!

This is my 4th year to put in and finally was drawn. Time to get down to business now!
Booner Sooner is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-21-2016, 06:29 PM   #113
grizzman
Pope & Young

Good luck to all that were drawn!
Old 08-21-2016, 10:20 PM   #114
acearrow
Ten Point

Hunt In: Nashoba, Ok

looks like the guy directly after me gets to hunt. Sux having this place in my backyard and not being able to take advantage of it.
acearrow is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2016, 09:01 AM   #115
Blood Trail
Pope & Young

Hunt In: where the manicorn hunts....

I just sent an email asking if it was possible to go to a point system like Hagerman.

Blood Trail is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2016, 09:23 AM   #116
Shake N' Bake
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever im invited
Default Lake Grapevine 2016-2017

Now hopefully I can continue getting my shoulder better!

Last edited by Shake N' Bake; 08-22-2016 at 09:28 AM..
Shake N' Bake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2016, 09:49 AM   #117
ArcheryAssassin
Six Point

Hunt In: Primarily Public lands/& private Honey Holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake N' Bake View Post

Now hopefully I can continue getting my shoulder better!
congrats Bud Its an amazing place to hunt.
our lil group drew tags again this season (thank you Grapevine)
I persoanlly like the system in place, it keeps the pressure down and the odds are good at around 50 percent chance of drawing!
we have applied numbers of times in the last 5 years and not always successful but when i was i made it count! I cant wait to get out there again this year! Thanks Grapevine , keep up the good work there

Last edited by ArcheryAssassin; 08-22-2016 at 09:56 AM..
ArcheryAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2016, 10:04 AM   #118
ArcheryAssassin
Six Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
My dad was at the office yesterday and said one of the rangers counted how many people didn't turn in their survey's from this past season, and it was the most they have ever seen. 190 out of 250 didn't get turned in. So almost 200 less people in the drawing this year! Guess we will have better odds.
yay
Old 08-22-2016, 10:18 AM   #119
ArcheryAssassin
Six Point

Quote:
Heck yeah! I'm in!!
no, we all are in ,, its gonna be a great year i feel it
Old 08-22-2016, 10:19 AM   #120
SFAbowhunter
Ten Point

Hunt In: Public Land

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcheryAssassin View Post
no, we all are in ,, its gonna be a great year i feel it
I'm ready!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
SFAbowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2016, 10:29 AM   #121
ArcheryAssassin
Six Point

Quote:
Good gosh! #266 already!?

That's nuts! Planning to run by on my lunch if possible today.
dont worry your in
Old 08-22-2016, 10:34 AM   #122
SFAbowhunter
Ten Point

Quote:
dont worry your in
Gonna hunt "the corner" again?

Old 08-22-2016, 12:02 PM   #123
ArcheryAssassin
Six Point

Quote:
Gonna hunt "the corner" again?

Im gonna train someone to hire for the month of november ,,
I may hunt all over the vine this season but Im sure I have a date or two with that tree
Old 08-22-2016, 01:27 PM   #124
ArmyAg97
Six Point

Hunt In: Throckmorton Co.

Woo Hoo! 2nd time over 5 years of applying.

To those that are discussing the draw odds. The odds are the same every year (assuming same number of applicants). Whether you got drawn or not the previous year has absolutely zero to do with your odds. Access to grapevine is really what got me into and hooked on bowhunting, i'm really grateful to have this opportunity again. Better luck next year to those who missed out.
ArmyAg97 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2016, 02:18 PM   #125
topshot
Ten Point

Hunt In: Public land, wherever I'm invited

There are enough guys on the green screen out there this season that we could put on a TBH Grapevine Deer drive, lol. hope everyone finds their own private honey hole and stays dry.
topshot is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2016, 02:45 PM   #126
hooligan
Ten Point

Hunt In: Foard Co.

Quote:
congrats Bud Its an amazing place to hunt.
our lil group drew tags again this season (thank you Grapevine)
I persoanlly like the system in place, it keeps the pressure down and the odds are good at around 50 percent chance of drawing!
we have applied numbers of times in the last 5 years and not always successful but when i was i made it count! I cant wait to get out there again this year! Thanks Grapevine , keep up the good work there
How do you figure 50%?

There is no way odds are 50% on getting drawn. I am 1 in 5 years and many others on here are worse than that. I dont get 50% from that math even when you average it off the people who get drawn year after year
hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-22-2016, 06:35 PM   #127
justhrowit
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
How do you figure 50%?

There is no way odds are 50% on getting drawn. I am 1 in 5 years and many others on here are worse than that. I dont get 50% from that math even when you average it off the people who get drawn year after year
Agreed! Heck, you could argue the odds are over 50% with the redraw in affect. Still, MANY have never been drawn.

J
Old 08-22-2016, 09:56 PM   #128
Kirby86
Ten Point

Hunt In: Have bow, will travel

I hope folks that got drawn that are new to Grapevine come across this forum and see all the folks that are bummed out that didn't get drawn.

If you were lucky enough to get drawn, you owe it to those that didn't to hunt your tail off.

I've been hunting other Corp property the past 3 years trying to find spots that even come close in comparison to Grapevine, and after all the canoe drags, 3 am kayak rides and hour long hikes, nothing comes even close in comparison.

If you got a ticket, take advantage of it. Be ready to work for it... If you want a deer, you're gonna earn it. But I can assure you it'll be worth it.

All the public land hunting areas within an hour of DFW likely won't be around in 20 years, so count yourself lucky and make every second count. You owe it to the guys that came up empty handed!

Kirby86 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-23-2016, 06:40 AM   #129
pervis
Eight Point

The above couldn't be said any better... so.. I didn't get drawn am I bummed sure. Now for those of you who did get drawn you owe it to me for your golden ticket. I take payments in the form of fajitas and cold beer. So who's paying up? If anyone can hunt during the week and wants to blast quack shacks out there let me know. I've got a mud rug that can get pretty much anywhere. Got my waterfowl but no **** deer permit again.
pervis is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-23-2016, 06:47 AM   #130
SFAbowhunter
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby86 View Post
I hope folks that got drawn that are new to Grapevine come across this forum and see all the folks that are bummed out that didn't get drawn.

If you were lucky enough to get drawn, you owe it to those that didn't to hunt your tail off.

I've been hunting other Corp property the past 3 years trying to find spots that even come close in comparison to Grapevine, and after all the canoe drags, 3 am kayak rides and hour long hikes, nothing comes even close in comparison.

If you got a ticket, take advantage of it. Be ready to work for it... If you want a deer, you're gonna earn it. But I can assure you it'll be worth it.

All the public land hunting areas within an hour of DFW likely won't be around in 20 years, so count yourself lucky and make every second count. You owe it to the guys that came up empty handed!

Agreed! I first put in for the vine back in 2011 and got drawn my very first year. Didn't realize what kind of bowhunters paradise it was until my buddy shot a stud of a buck out of it. I hadn't even thought about hunting it until he came out of there with a giant. Waited another 3 years to get drawn last year. I made sure I hunted it hard. Still came up empty handed, but I saw tons of game. Got very lucky and drew a tag this season as well. Luck of the draw I guess, but I'll be sure to hunt it hard cause getting a permit here; heck even having this place to hunt isn't guaranteed. Good luck to all this season! It's going to be a good one!
Old 08-23-2016, 07:13 AM   #131
Jtaps
Four Point

Hunt In: Hopefully your place

Quote:
Originally Posted by pervis View Post
The above couldn't be said any better... so.. I didn't get drawn am I bummed sure. Now for those of you who did get drawn you owe it to me for your golden ticket. I take payments in the form of fajitas and cold beer. So who's paying up? If anyone can hunt during the week and wants to blast quack shacks out there let me know. I've got a mud rug that can get pretty much anywhere. Got my waterfowl but no **** deer permit again.
The colder the better....I'm in for that!
Jtaps is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-23-2016, 09:28 AM   #132
troy_w_7
Six Point

Hunt In: San Saba, TX, Grapevine, TX, LBJ Grasslands, LaCrosse, WI

So frustrating!
troy_w_7 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-23-2016, 11:17 AM   #133
troy_w_7
Six Point

LBJ, here I come!
Old 08-23-2016, 11:25 AM   #134
Bowtech1233
Eight Point

Hunt In: Denton County, Donley County

Quote:
How do you figure 50%?

If odds are 50% then I must be the unluckiest person alive. I used to hunt the vine every year. Just go pick up your permit and go hunt. Since they implemented the draw system I have never once been drawn. Didn't even bother putting in this year. I'd love to see a point system implemented, but I realize that it is highly unlikely.
Bowtech1233 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-24-2016, 11:58 PM   #135
Booner Sooner
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Southeastern Oklahoma

Anyone that was drawn is blessed. Spent some time hunting hogs out there in the spring to try to get better acquainted with the place. Always heard it was thick. "Thick" is an understatement and I love it. The thicker the better.

I'm looking forward to getting out there and scouting the property more fully. Reading the sign, anticipating the impact of other hunters and assembling the puzzle pieces to put yourself in a position to intercept a mature animal is an awesome challenge and I look forward to starting this process shortly.

If anyone has experience there and wants to talk strategy/shop, shoot me a PM.

Congrats to all that were drawn. For everyone else there is the hope that comes with the redraw.
Booner Sooner is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-25-2016, 05:46 PM   #136
Champlaya7
Four Point

My group of 4 was drawn. Been 2 years since I've been back in those woods due to flooding, but I know exactly where my old set up is. Will have a few hunts in early November and mid December for sure!
Champlaya7 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-25-2016, 06:30 PM   #137
locknload
Ten Point

Hunt In: Throckmorton, Hamilton Counties

I quit going. Nothing is ever available. Maybe someday I'll make the sacrifice and get up early...
locknload is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-26-2016, 11:33 AM   #138
Double-AA
Nubbin' Buck

I really enjoy reading all of your comments. I went deer hunting for 1st x as a kid with my dad, before he got hurt. During a Thanksgiving trip home (around Rayburn Lake) in 2013, my brother sat me in one of those "chair in a bag" with a gun in my hand and said "point there and wait." I sat there 5am and 3:30pm for 3 days and didn't see a thing, but the love for the woods started there. I went back home for Christmas and this time, he had a lease, with a feeder on it. I sat in a lean-to and almost fired at something, but the light wasn't right for me to see what I was shooting at w/ a 100%, so I did the right thing, as a rookie and let it walk. By this point, I'm really getting hooked. 2014 season, I didn't see anything during Thanksgiving.
After that season 2014, I said that I need to find something closer to DFW, around my home so that I can take these few Scouting tips (rubs, scraps, deer highways, pinch points, down/up wind, pop-up blinds, tree climbers etc.) and put it to use. I bought a gun and a crossbow (I know, I need to get a compound or longbow) and started with Tawakoni for all of Oct. and saw a few doe's. During general season, I went to Hunt County (all public land) and hunted every single Saturday and Sunday. I watched a spike walk in front of me 30 yards and it had extra points on it, so I thought it was a 4pt. but learned that less than one inch, it's legal. I saw doe's stop and dance in front of me for 10 mins, 10 yards out. I was so amazed at the nature I saw before my eyes, but didn’t shoot anything with a gun there either. During the extended season, to make this story short, the day before close...its 7:45am, I’m playing with my phone, recording this cool little spot, (that another very kind bow hunter shared with me, he knew I was putting the time in and really trying hard.) This spike walks into the screen and looks up at me and then I fire and I got my 1st deer ever with that crossbow on video. I did the whole tracking thing and said "Crap, now what do I do? I don’t know how to clean this thing…" I figured it out, bought a grinder and we had some good meat in the freezer. I can tell you I have BUCK FEVER and can’t stop thinking about the woods.
I wrote all of this, 1. Because I have learned a lot from reading these forms, and thankful for the tips that y'all share on here and 2. Because I applied for the deer lottery, around Lake Grapevine and also have been drawn for one of those "Golden Tickets!" I'm very excited and I will do my best, to get something and hopefully something bigger than a spike, but I’m not hunting racks yet, I want meat in the freezer!! Happy Hunting Season to you ALL & WISH ME GOOD LUCK... ! :-)

Last edited by Double-AA; 08-26-2016 at 11:52 AM..
Double-AA is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-26-2016, 11:48 AM   #139
topshot
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-AA View Post
I really enjoy reading all of your comments. I went deer hunting for 1st x as a kid with my dad, before he got hurt. During a Thanksgiving trip home (around Rayburn Lake) in 2013, my brother sat me in one of those "chair in a bag" with a gun in my hand and said "point there and wait." I sat there 5am and 3:30pm for 3 days and didn't see a thing, but the love for the woods started there. I went back home for Christmas and this time, he had a lease, with a feeder on it. I sat in a lean-to and almost fired at something, but the light wasn't right for me to see what I was shooting at w/ a 100%, so I did the right thing, as a rookie and let it walk. By this point, I'm really getting hooked. 2014 season, I didn't see anything during Thanksgiving.
After that season 2014, I said that I need to find something closer to DFW, around my home so that I can take these few Scouting tips (rubs, scraps, deer highways, pinch points, down/up wind, pop-up blinds, tree climbers etc.) and put it to use. I bought a gun and a crossbow (I know, I need to get a compound or longbow) and started with Tawakoni for all of Oct. and saw a few doe's. During general season, I went to Hunt County (all public land) and hunted every single Saturday and Sunday. I watched a spike walk in front of me 30 yards and it had extra points on it, so I thought it was a 4pt. but learned that less than one inch, it's legal. I saw doe's stop and dance in front of me for 10 mins, 10 yards out. I was so amazed at the nature I saw before my eyes, but didnít shoot anything with a gun there either. During the extended season, to make this story short, the day before close...its 7:45am, Iím playing with my phone, recording this cool little spot, (that another very kind bow hunter shared with me, he knew I was putting the time in and really trying hard.) This spike walks into the screen and looks up at me and then I fire and I got my 1st deer ever with that crossbow on video. I did the whole tracking thing and said "Crap, now what do I do? I donít know how to clean this thingÖ" I figured it out, bought a grinder and we had some good meat in the freezer. I can tell you I have BUCK FEVER and canít stop thinking about the woods.
I wrote all of this, 1. Because I have learned a lot from reading these forms, and thankful for the tips that y'all share on here and 2. Because I applied for the deer lottery at on Lake Grapevine and also have been drawn for one of those "Golden Tickets!" I'm very excited and I will do my best, to get something and hopefully something bigger than a spike, but Iím not hunting racks yet, I want meat in the freezer!! Happy Hunting Season to you ALL & WISH ME GOOD LUCK... ! :-)
Congrats on getting the ticket, and on having a taste of success in the past! Grapevine is a special place, yet can be downright frustrating at times. my first year hunting the vine i saw zero, yes 0, deer. i scouted, hunted, almost gave up... the second year out i saw deer every time i hit the woods...boy i'm glad i didn't quit. this year will be my 3rd and i am not going home without a nice buck this year!
Old 08-26-2016, 12:58 PM   #140
Double-AA
Nubbin' Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by topshot View Post
Congrats on getting the ticket, and on having a taste of success in the past! Grapevine is a special place, yet can be downright frustrating at times. my first year hunting the vine i saw zero, yes 0, deer. i scouted, hunted, almost gave up... the second year out i saw deer every time i hit the woods...boy i'm glad i didn't quit. this year will be my 3rd and i am not going home without a nice buck this year!
Thank you, TopShot! I'll give it all I GOT.... I can't wait!
Double-AA is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-28-2016, 07:41 AM   #141
troy_w_7
Six Point

Have y'all heard about the 377 train tracks? Crazy!
Old 08-28-2016, 07:46 AM   #142
youngbuck1
Six Point

Hunt In: TX/ND/S.A.

No what happened?
youngbuck1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-28-2016, 09:49 AM   #143
topshot
Ten Point

Train derailment http://www.star-telegram.com/news/st...e97107327.html
Old 08-28-2016, 10:10 PM   #144
troy_w_7
Six Point

Probably ran over a 190'' antler shed on the tracks...
Old 08-31-2016, 10:20 AM   #145
bulletpusher
Ten Point

Quote:
Probably ran over a 190'' antler shed on the tracks...
Typo Troy. You for got the decimal point.

Probably ran over a 19.0'' antler shed on the tracks... Better
bulletpusher is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-31-2016, 10:21 AM   #146
bulletpusher
Ten Point

At least that homeless dude that lives out there, will have some coal to burn this winter to stay warm.
bulletpusher is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-01-2016, 10:59 AM   #147
ArcheryAssassin
Six Point

Quote:
How do you figure 50%?

well this is my 4th year to hunt in 5 seasons to put in sir so thats about 80 percent ! sorry for the others not having any luck with it! i acctually dont mind the way it is
Old 09-01-2016, 11:07 AM   #148
ArcheryAssassin
Six Point

Quote:
Agreed! I first put in for the vine back in 2011 and got drawn my very first year. Didn't realize what kind of bowhunters paradise it was until my buddy shot a stud of a buck out of it. I hadn't even thought about hunting it until he came out of there with a giant. Waited another 3 years to get drawn last year. I made sure I hunted it hard. Still came up empty handed, but I saw tons of game. Got very lucky and drew a tag this season as well. Luck of the draw I guess, but I'll be sure to hunt it hard cause getting a permit here; heck even having this place to hunt isn't guaranteed. Good luck to all this season! It's going to be a good one!
he was a stud !!!!!! man i cant wait for november
Old 09-02-2016, 01:05 PM   #149
J Loves Huntin
Nubbin' Buck

Hunt In: Anywhere

Duck hunted there once years ago but have not since.
J Loves Huntin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-02-2016, 02:47 PM   #150
SFAbowhunter
Ten Point

I'm kind of hoping it rains this year like last year. Keeps the hunters to a minimum, makes access a little more difficult, and it ought to make for some good late season duck hunting! I'm going out for a little preseason scouting session in the morning! Can't wait!