Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 04-20-2017, 09:43 PM   #51
Richard
Ten Point

Prayers sent. Lost my Mom 13 yrs ago to cancer at the age of 55. Lost 2 aunts and 4 uncles to cancer also.
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-20-2017, 09:55 PM   #52
mikeb1206
Ten Point

Hunt In: Van Zandt County

I understand and wish you the best.

I had my 6 months CT scan and it is clear, but the thought is always in my mind of it coming back.
mikeb1206 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-20-2017, 10:11 PM   #53
quackaholic1
Ten Point

Hunt In: Cass county

I'm praying for you brother. I know exactly how you are feeling. I lost my wife on 6/28/2014 to cancer. Cancer Sucks!! If you need to talk at any time please don't hesitate to call me. I'm here for you. God Bless!!! Joe. 903-521-6233
quackaholic1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-20-2017, 10:34 PM   #54
Cazador
Ten Point

Prayers sent for you and your family, especially for the loved one battling this wicked disease.

My wife was diagnosed with leukemia the 28th of Oct 2015, she gave it all she had for 9 months and went Home to be with our Lord the 26th of July 2016.
Cazador is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2017, 05:29 AM   #55
Hogmauler
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas

Cancer sux. I know personally fifteen people that have been ravaged by this awful disease. I hate it plain and simple.
Hogmauler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2017, 05:50 AM   #56
Bill M
Pope & Young

Sorry for these trials and the journey you are on with your loved one OP.

I too lost my mom 2 years ago to cancer that couldn't be cured. She went through the ravages of chemo to buy 3 more years. Not sure it was worth it for my Christian mom.

I am 2 years cancer free but know it could come back at anytime. My oncologist told me he can't cure me but can make me cancer free.

We lost our church organist to cancer last Sunday. She had been declared cancer free early last year but it came back fairly quickly. Made me cringe when I heard it had come back.

Someone mentioned cancer doesn't discriminate and it doesn't.

For those saying probably a cure, that would be one heck of a conspiracy to keep it under wraps.
Bill M is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2017, 06:03 AM   #57
Eric Pence
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Roosevelt/Sonora

Prayers for you and your family..I lost my Dad to Cancer 1.5 yrs ago and I am still having trouble with it every da** day..They found it at Stage 4
Eric Pence is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2017, 06:44 AM   #58
boh347
Pope & Young

Hunt In: coke county, tx Nolan county, tx

Man if sucks... lost my dad to it.
boh347 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2017, 07:45 AM   #59
Buzzbow
Four Point

Bacon,
Know this, God has a plan in everything. My prayers are with you and your family. We lost my sister last May. She fought for 3 years. It is not easy to watch. My sister had a SUPER outlook her entire fight, "I'm going to win one way or the other. Either Jesus will heal me and I get to spend more time with my family and eventually meet Him in heaven or HE wants to meet me there sooner. He has blessed me in this life and I get to spend eternity with Him. I WIN!!!!
Buzzbow is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2017, 08:00 AM   #60
Cazador
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzbow View Post
Bacon,
Know this, God has a plan in everything. My prayers are with you and your family. We lost my sister last May. She fought for 3 years. It is not easy to watch. My sister had a SUPER outlook her entire fight, "I'm going to win one way or the other. Either Jesus will heal me and I get to spend more time with my family and eventually meet Him in heaven or HE wants to meet me there sooner. He has blessed me in this life and I get to spend eternity with Him. I WIN!!!!
Amen! My wife was the same way. She told me several times her last few days that she hoped I wasn't mad at her, but she was excited that she would soon see the face of Jesus. She was ready to go Home.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:02 AM   #61
RLHoward
Eight Point

Hunt In: South Texas

Also been thru it ! Prayers sent
RLHoward is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2017, 09:33 AM   #62
cap50948
Four Point

Hunt In: Hemphill, Erath, Leon, Freestone

In my lifetime I have lost a cousin, 2 great uncles, multiple friends, my grandmother and my dad to some form of cancer or another. It is a ravenous beast that is hard to stop. I've seen what it causes and what the "medicine" for it does to the human body. You never can get used to seeing what it does.

I will say that the will to fight the disease gives you a better chance. Mentally giving into it seems to speed it up. Keep fighting and supporting each other!!!
cap50948 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2017, 09:36 AM   #63
Turtlewax
Eight Point

Hunt In: SE Oklahoma

Prayers sent. Lost my mom last July to it.

Please PM me if you need someone to talk to.
Turtlewax is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2017, 09:37 AM   #64
cap50948
Four Point

Hunt In: Hemphill, Erath, Leon, Freestone

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaconIsMyFriend View Post
Never thought it would be one of my family members who would be fighting for her life. Started as a tumor elsewhere that was removed. You think and hope that's the end of it. Then your loved one is later on hospitalized again. Dr tells the patient there isn't any hope of stopping it for good.

I thought last year was hard. Maybe I or we are stronger, but it doesn't get any easier to see a loved one fighting to live and not giving up. But the body can only take so much. Man this is tough.....
If you haven't seen it yet watch "A Monster Calls". It's a movie based of a book about a kid who makes up stories and has visions of this monster who is supposes to heal his mother of cancer. Warning: it will punch you right in the gut. I'm like a typical guy don't get caught up in sappy movies, I had to go outside for a while after this one.
cap50948 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2017, 09:47 AM   #65
Dandy123
Eight Point

Hunt In: All over

I think 90 percent of people have been touched in one way or another by cancer . It's hard to wrap your mind around it. My best friends wife beat stomach cancer last year. She went back for a checkup right before Christmas. It has came back and has spread all over. She's on hospice now and probably only make it a couple more weeks. She's 31 and has three little girls the youngest is only three. The youngest daughter has never seen her mother healthy in her entire life. It makes me so angry why some worthless and terrible people get to live long lives and great hard working people are cut short. I guess the man up stairs has the answers. I usually don't get emotional even when some of my family members have passed away in the past. But there's something about a young mother dying and leaving three little girls to live there lives out without there mom that makes me sick.
Dandy123 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2017, 10:38 AM   #66
TxBerly
Nubbin' Buck

**** cancer eventually touches all of our lives; hopefully there's a little peace in knowing that you're not alone in the fight
TxBerly is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2017, 11:01 AM   #67
BaconIsMyFriend
Eight Point

Really appreciate the words of support, prayers and stories. I had told her that others were praying. The cancer has spread so rapidly now and morphine increased again and again. The body is just under so much strain it can't continue much longer. It is now that last wishes are made and whatever else needs to be communicated before the final journey begins and this life ends. They are trying to get her strong enough to walk again so she can come home and pass in privacy.

We had all hoped to move her to another location far away to enjoy her last days some place new and pretty. That was what she wanted, but it wasn't meant to be. The cancer came too quickly before that could be made into a reality.
At least despite how painful it is to say goodbye, as believers we can rest assured there is hope we will see our loved ones again one day when our time is up.

Last edited by BaconIsMyFriend; 04-21-2017 at 11:07 AM..
BaconIsMyFriend is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2017, 11:23 AM   #68
Eric Pence
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Roosevelt/Sonora

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaconIsMyFriend View Post
Really appreciate the words of support, prayers and stories. I had told her that others were praying. The cancer has spread so rapidly now and morphine increased again and again. The body is just under so much strain it can't continue much longer. It is now that last wishes are made and whatever else needs to be communicated before the final journey begins and this life ends. They are trying to get her strong enough to walk again so she can come home and pass in privacy.

We had all hoped to move her to another location far away to enjoy her last days some place new and pretty. That was what she wanted, but it wasn't meant to be. The cancer came too quickly before that could be made into a reality.
At least despite how painful it is to say goodbye, as believers we can rest assured there is hope we will see our loved ones again one day when our time is up.
My thoughts and Prayers are with you ..
Eric Pence is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2017, 01:28 PM   #69
Cazador
Ten Point

Continued prayers for you and your family!
Old 04-21-2017, 01:32 PM   #70
Meatcutter
Eight Point

Hunt In: Yorktown/Groesbeck

prayers sent
Meatcutter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2017, 02:35 PM   #71
mikemorvan
Pope & Young

Hunt In: vetements noirs

Prayers sent brother.
mikemorvan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2017, 03:07 PM   #72
OBU13DAD
Ten Point

Hunt In: Grayson and Collin Counties

Bacon stay positive and supportive which I know you will prayers sent!
I am 3 1/2 years cancer free but my monm was diagnosed in May of last year and died 7-26-2016 same day as Cazador's wife sorry for your loss too brother!
OBU13DAD is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2017, 03:14 PM   #73
bloodstick
Ten Point

Hunt In: All over Texas

Sorry to hear, prayers to you and your family.
I lost my Grandmother to a rare form of leukemia 9 years ago.
bloodstick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-21-2017, 06:40 PM   #74
BmacBmac1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sheridan Texas, SW Ohio

continued Prayers....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BmacBmac1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-23-2017, 07:06 AM   #75
SneakyPhil
Ten Point

Hunt In: LANWR

My mother fought to the very end. Cancer is a terrible thing. Prayers up.
SneakyPhil is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-24-2017, 07:31 AM   #76
Tree
Eight Point

Hunt In: A little southwest of Sonora, Tx

Prayers for the family...
Tree is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-24-2017, 07:46 AM   #77
Voodoo
Six Point

Hunt In: Highway Medians

Prayers up, its hard.

I'm a very lucky 25 year survivor.
Voodoo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-24-2017, 07:56 AM   #78
chewy
Ten Point

lost my dad in Nov to cancer and that was hardest thing I've ever had to do was to tell him to quit fighting bec his health got so bad and was in so much pain. its a evil thing and I'm not sure what's worst the treatments or cancer itself. Cancer sucks and there is way to many people getting it now days.
chewy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-24-2017, 08:02 AM   #79
Ouch
Pope & Young

Hunt In: a ribbed tank and a sombrero

More prayers for you and yours...
Ouch is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-24-2017, 10:26 AM   #80
huntingjunkie
Eight Point

Hunt In: TX & OK

Prayers sent for all dealing with this. Talked to a good buddy this weekend and his mom was sent home to be put on hospice after battling this for almost 10yrs now. I just hate seeing what it does to family and friends.
huntingjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2017, 09:20 AM   #81
BaconIsMyFriend
Eight Point

Thanks for all the prayers. It has been a very tough time for everyone. You think you know what to expect as you prepare for the loss of a loved one. Maybe it's easier for those who aren't providing care at home for the person dying. I don't know. It has been better that my family member can pass at home in the care of loved ones and in privacy.

Thank you folks for your support in a difficult part of life. Very much appreciated.
Old 04-30-2017, 09:28 AM   #82
Clark
Ten Point

Hunt In: Collingsworth Co.

Lost my Mom to it in 1997.
I try to not use the word hate, but I hate that ****ing disease.
Prayers sent Bacon and Livestrong brothers.
Clark is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2017, 10:46 AM   #83
muddydog
Ten Point

Hunt In: Tom Green Co.

My sister is battling cancer currently. She has had 2 rounds of chemo. She only weighs 84 lbs. She is only 51. She is the toughest person I know and refuses to let it get her down. Prayers to all affected with this horrible disease.
muddydog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2017, 06:12 PM   #84
BaconIsMyFriend
Eight Point

Death from cancer really sucks. I helped take care of my family member for the past three to four years. We all thought the battle was over after surgery and healing. Then fast forward to this year,---------BAM!!!!!! It was back worse than ever. Still thought maybe the cancer drug would stop it somehow. There were signs of hope. But multiple tests over the weeks and months showed it was still spreading rapidly.
We thought maybe there was a year left to make memories. Then that got shortened to a month. The month ended up being much less than even that.

My family and I are kind of numb. You try and prepare long before for what is coming, though it's not enough. The hurt and void left is something that words alone cannot illustrate fully. It's gonna take lots of time and tears and mental effort to get through this. Very hard to watch someone to the very end. Guess this is the hardest part of life for me.
Old 04-30-2017, 08:31 PM   #85
Mertzon Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Irion, Webb, counties

Prayers sent for all fighting cancer.
Mertzon Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top