• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

still not worth $1000.

Comment

Originally posted by CRTR_GTR View Post
      still not worth $1000.
      $959 is msrp. Most if not all dealers sell for well below that. Closest dealer to me is selling them for $800 even

Comment

No string stop on the bottom, carbon rod instead of machined aluminum on the roller guard, carbon rod instead of machine aluminum on the dead end.

And something really innovative, they went with a "Lite" model on the Harmonic Damper.

I am surprised how many people are buying into the "it's lighter" hype. To that, I say SO what. Once you add a heavy stabilizer to reduce vibration it will be no lighter.
        Last edited by Chase This!; 11-18-2011, 07:02 AM.

Comment

Ps. Nice review!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
            No string stop on the bottom, carbon rod instead of machined aluminum on the roller guard, carbon rod instead of machine aluminum on the dead end.

And something really innovative, they went with a "Lite" model on the Harmonic Damper.

I am surprised how many people are buying into the "it's lighter" hype. To that, I say SO what. Once you add a heavy stabilizer to reduce vibration it will be no lighter.
            All things being equal, if I moved my setup off my tactical and onto a heliM, it will still be 3/4-1 full lb lighter. Have you held or shot it yet?

Comment

Originally posted by robbyreneeward View Post
              All things being equal, if I moved my setup off my tactical and onto a heliM, it will still be 3/4-1 full lb lighter. Have you held or shot it yet?
              Held and shot it several times. It's lighter. Which I don't care about. My bow hangs in my tree until I am ready to shoot.

Why would you switch from the Tactical to the Heli-M? Other than wanting a new toy? I see no reason to make that move.

And honestly, I walked in to my archery shop to buy my dad a bow, and walked out with a Z7 Extreme. I felt like the Z7e was a smoother shooting bow.

Comment

Nice Bow. Glad to see this video solve the light and fast vs. slow heavy debate when it comes to KE and penetration.

Comment

I got rid of my tac strictly because of weight. My MR5 weighs a bit more than my tact but its 5" longer ATA which is justified to me. Couldn't justify a 28" bow being that heavy

Comment

JerryR, Thanks for taking the time to do this.

Rwc

Comment

Excellent review. I still haven't shot this bow yet but looking forward to giving it a try. Just may have to buy a new one this year after all.

Comment

I wasn't that interested in it from looking at the ads and pictures as it did have the cost down appearance. However after shooting it, I was impressed by the weight and the ease of hold it had. Felt very balanced and quiet. I have the Extreme and will wait for the rush to subside and order a blacked out Helim. Spot and stalk antics above 10,000' for hours on end hunting elk made me want a lighter bow for next year!
                        Great review by the way!

Comment

On weight. I used to always want the lightest bow i could find. Seems the more years that have passed ive gravitated to bows that weigh atleast 4 pounds plus. I know im in the minority on that. And i never set out to go that direction. I just finally got to a point that i quit careing about ads and hype. Now days i just pic a bow up. Shoot it. If im in the market and like the feel i buy it. No matter the brand.
                          Last edited by JW; 11-18-2011, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Great review on a great looking bow. I like the speed that it's getting but don't care for how they shaved the weight and the roller guard giving up some fletching clearance. That was one of the best things about the Z series IMO. I'm also guessing that apples to apples set up the Z is quieter.

I'll be keeping my 2010 Z7 for a while.

Thanks for the review.

Comment

I know companies have to keep innovating...but I'll keep my dinosaur; the Drenalin!

Comment

Originally posted by Harvey View Post
                                I know companies have to keep innovating...but I'll keep my dinosaur; the Drenalin!
                                Or LX.

Comment

Working...
                                X