Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Healthy eating SHOULDN'T be this delicious!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
    That is absolutely one of the worst things you can do, if you want to be healthy. I know we have all heard it, but breakfast is truly the most important meal of the day. If you were to add breakfast to your diet and tone down on the dinner portion, you would see much greater and HEALTHIER weight loss than you do by skipping breakfast and eating a lot of calories for dinner. If you truly want to become healthy, rather than just losing weight, breakfast cannot be skipped. People can lose a whole lot of weight and still be unhealthy. You are doing it backwards by not eating breakfast, small lunch, and good dinner. If you were to flip it, you would see much better results. "Eat like a king at breakfast, a queen at lunch, and a peasant at dinner." Also, you should have a healthy snack (fruit, protein shake if you are working out, yogurt, veggies, turkey, protein, etc) between each meal. Eating more times per day, yet in smaller portions, gives your stomach the feeling of being full, thus reducing the amount of total calories that you intake on any given day. Eating 6-7 smaller portions per day actually increases your metabolism as well, as your body is continually forced to break down the food that you have eaten. So, while you are eating more times per day, you are eating smaller portions and eating a total of less food per day than you would if you were eating 3 "healthy" meals per day. But man, I cannot believe that you skip breakfast. Not only for your physical health, but for your mental health as well. Even if you eat something that is not the best for your body or has some sugar or carbs in it, it is better than eating nothing at all. I would bet that the picture of your "healthy" dinner had at least 1200-1400 calories in it. That is not good to eat that much and head to bed. Also, what time did you eat that. Personally, I would not eat after 7:30 pm or 8 pm at the latest. I am a football coach and that is hard for me to do with my schedule, but I try to eat as early as possible.

You probably were not asking for opinions or advice and if my post offended you, I apologize. I thought that you might want to know that what you think is healthy and your plan is actually not the best way to go about losing HEALTHY weight.
    lots of recent stuff published about how breakfast isnt the necessity that we have all been told our whole lives. like the OP said, recent science is showing us that a lot of what we have believed and been told for the last 50 years just isnt true.

go check out the Ketogenic Diet thread and read the posts from fellow TBH'ers that have lost tons of weight AND had tremendous improvements in their bloodwork while eating keto and fasting.

Comment

i dont fully understand it all and we will all believe what we want but for the doubters, google Dom D'Agostino and/or Peter Attia, both eat Keto and consume like 200-300 grams of fat per day. its crazy when you think about it, but interesting for sure.

Comment

It’s how much you cram in your pie hole

Comment

Healthy eating SHOULDN'T be this delicious!!

I am 100% certain that no one really knows anything about how the body reacts to all of this crap.

How many different fad diets have their been over the last 30 years? And people still think the latest "study" is gospel....

Go with what works for ya! Especially if it's steak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
            It’s how much you cram in your pie hole
            Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            I am 100% certain that no one really knows anything about how the body reacts to all of this crap.

How many different fad diets have their been over the last 30 years? And people still think the latest "study" is gospel....

Go with what works for ya! Especially if it's steak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
              He lost that weight chasing young kids around
              Think that's what happened . They are get older now and I don't have to chase them, I got em fetching stuff for me now lol [emoji16]

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
                I spend 10-12 hrs a day on my feet climbing stairs scaffolds and pulling wrenches and leads .
                If someone has a deck job then they should and would need to get to movin.

Sedentary life styles are the new smoking. I became an accountant 4 years ago. I lift weights and do cardio after work. Doesn't matter because after 2 hours of sitting in my truck commuting and 9 hours at my desk I am getting no calorie deficits. Humans were not meant to live this way. I have resigned by the way and taking up a new career path that will keep me active among other things.
                Last edited by Ætheling; 09-12-2018, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Or we've all been lied to for a.long time now.

This USDA food pyramid has caused millions of Americans to die of heart disease and diabetes. If you don't trust your government to do anything else efficiently why the hell do you think you should listen to their advice on diet. The Standard American Diet is trash.

Comment

Originally posted by smtx View Post
                    he lost that weight chasing young kids around
                    lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I don't and never have.
                      Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                      This USDA food pyramid has caused millions of Americans to die of heart disease and diabetes. If you don't trust your government to do anything else efficiently why the hell do you think you should listen to their advice on diet. The Standard American Diet is trash.

Comment

Wait, so high cholesterol isn't bad? Don't listen to my doc?

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                          I have lost 30 lbs a couple of times eating all kinds of bread and tortilla and drinking. LOL. 20-30 grams of fat per day and I lose weight. One time I had to cut back on the diet and eat some pizza. LOL.

Ever heard of the Subway dude? LOL. Wait.....

Soooo what does all that fat do for cholesterol levels?????? Can't be good.
                          Originally posted by CamoQuest View Post
                          For those confused about whether this is healthy or not, my husband and I have been following a similar way of eating, and along with the weight loss, our blood work has never looked better. My starting cholesterol was 231, to the tune of my doctor wanting to start me on meds. Currently 116, well within optimal range. HDL was at 68, currently at 50. LDL at 110, triglycerides were at 253, currently at 80. Glucose was 109, pre-diabetic, and now at 82.
                          I eat low carb. I understand there are multiple ways to lose weight. I certainly don't tell people low carb is the only way. Low carb works for me. Why do y'all think YOUR way is the only way?

BTW, I'm closing in on -100lbs since mid Jan 2017 eating low carb low sugar.

Comment

If it's the most important meal of the day answer me this.
                            Why is it if I don't eat breakfast then I'm either starving before lunch or my blood sugar has dropped and I've had to have a coke or candy bar to stop the shakes?
                            Once again that was not my typical meal. I hadn't had breakfast or lunch that day and want a GOOD meal.
                            General it's a pork chop, chicken breast with spinach and green beans. Or I'll have bacon and eggs for dinner.
                            Lunch is either left over or tuna fish salad no bread,
                            We didn't spend the first part of our existence on this planet eat 3 square meals a day with the 4 so called food groups.
                            They hunted , killed and ate until it was gone and them they may not have eaten again for awhile.
                            So why would we think our bodies would have adapted to 3 squares a day with all the sugar and grains of today's work just in the last few hundred yrs?

If you dont eat breakfast, then you are going to be hungry before lunch. Your body has nothing to consume. So, naturally, if you dont eat breakfast, you are going to be hungry when lunch time rolls around. Is that what you meant to say? And if you dont eat breakfast, you have nothing in your body. Your blood sugar is going to drop, as a result of having no fuel. Why do you think some diabetics have to check their blood sugar and eat something if they need to? That is fine if you want a good meal, but dont act like it was healthy because it really was not that good for you, especially that many calories at that time of the day. Come on! And to let you know, bacon and eggs for dinner is not very healthy either. Fat, cholesterol, and carbs before bed does nothing good for your health. Also, do you put any butter, salt, seasoning, or anything on those pork chops, green beans, chicken breast, or spinach? If you do, while it seems healthy, is not as healthy as you think. If you want to eat healthy, you need to eat food in its natural state. Do you think it is healthy to eat carrots dipped in gallons of ranch? How about broccoli with melted cheese all over it?

To answer your question, because our bodies adapt over time to different nature and nurture aspects of where we live. Hell, people didnt think twice about lighting up a cigarette in the 1960's and if you do some research, there were people who thought smoking was actually good for you. People used to live to an average age of 38-ish and now we are living to be 78 years old. Things change, times change, and more and more information is out there. You dont have to believe me and if what you are doing works for you, then by all means, more power to you. But dont think it is healthy or in any way good for your body.

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                            lots of recent stuff published about how breakfast isnt the necessity that we have all been told our whole lives. like the OP said, recent science is showing us that a lot of what we have believed and been told for the last 50 years just isnt true.

go check out the Ketogenic Diet thread and read the posts from fellow TBH'ers that have lost tons of weight AND had tremendous improvements in their bloodwork while eating keto and fasting.
                            There is also much "recent stuff" that shows that eating breakfast is still as important as it was when we were growing up. And I agree with you about your 50 years statement and I said that in my response about smoking in the 60's. I am not saying that Keto and fasting does not work. I am saying that it is not the healthiest way to lose weight and it is not the best for the body. The one thing that has remained constant in the continuing struggle to lose weight is diet and nutrition, intense exercise, and rest. Those 3 things will never change and will not come and go with the times or with whatever fad diet is popular at the time. Keto, fasting, "beach body", high fat/low carb, ATKINS, Weight Watchers, Nutrisystem, SlimFast, South Beach, and Paleo have all come and gone and the newest one will do the same. And those are just a few. As I mentioned, the constant has always been and will be proper nutrition, which includes eating breakfast and smaller portions, high intensity exercise or any exercise at all at least 30 minutes per day, 3-4 days per week, and sleep. Those will never go away.

But, what do I know. I mean, I only studied this in college, trained with it in my playing days, was taught this by strength and conditioning coordinators in my playing day, listen to lectures and discussions once per month, and discuss this on a daily basis with athletes. Not to mention nutrition and exercise are a passion of mine. Something that I look research at least 4 times per week.

Good luck with all the weight loss and if it works, by gosh, keep it going.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                              I eat low carb. I understand there are multiple ways to lose weight. I certainly don't tell people low carb is the only way. Low carb works for me. Why do y'all think YOUR way is the only way?

I just like to poke fun at all the fad diets like Dale mentioned. It's like "I'm cool because I am on the new keto diet bro".

Whatever works for you is fine with me.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post

No one is saying that OUR way is the only way. Just trying to be iformative and show another perspective and give out some information that could make the weight loss better and help to become even healthier. Just dont be confused and think that certain ways are overall healthy when they are not. Do they work for that individual? Yes. Does it mean that doing it that way is good for the body and healthy? Not all the time.

That is all that is being said. Have a good day.

Comment

Working...
                                X