No announcement yet.

Lowa or Danner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I second Lowa out of these 2 choices. I had a pair of Pronghorns and wore them on an elk hunt and hated every minute I was in them. Gave them to my brother that sits in tree stands in MS.

Comment

Any others I should look at?

Comment

I have the Lowa Renegades. As others said, try them on. I had to go up a size. Mine didn't require much break in, but its better to be safe than sorry! I wore them on a 10 day elk hunt in CO and had zero issues.

I also put in some of the surefeet insoles and wore a pair of merino socks with a liner. I don't know if all of that helped or not, but I was scared of blisters after all of the horror stories I read. I never even had a hint of a blister coming on so it worked and I'll be doing the same thing this year.
        Last edited by Hockley; 07-21-2017, 02:40 PM.

Comment

I would recommend making a decision quickly and break them in. Blistered feet hurt but blistered feet hiking up a mountain hurts even more.

Danners quality has gone down hill lately to me. I still depend on some old Danners but Ill be looking elsewhere when its time to upgrade.

Comment

The renegade is a lighter weight shoe. Great for warm season hunting. If you are going to be hauling more weight at distances you might try a little heavier model.

Comment

lowa is a different class of boot

Comment

Hands down lowa, but spend a few more bucks and buy camino. 2x the boot

Comment

If you go with Danner by chance, go with Gila, not pronghorn

Comment

Ditto Lowa sizing -mine were too narrow and a size smaller than what I normally wear -

Comment

Look at the Kenetrek. I bought a pair off of CamoFire 2 years ago and they are the most comfortable, rugged boots I have ever had. I am almost 70 yrs. old and I have had a lot of hunting boots in my day. No tired feet at the end of the day for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Dc78 View Post
                        I bought some meindle boots for my hunt in Alaska next month and Colorado directly after that. Talked to a few folks that said I would be happy. I'm not happy with the Danner pronghorn snakeboots I have.

Comment

If it's an archery hunt and it'll be warm I'd go salamon quest 2

If you need alittle more support I'd get lowas renegades. I have these and they are amazing.

May check out the kuiu scarpas if you need a heavy boot, on killer sale right now.

Comment

Kind of a really open ended question... I love hanwag Alaska/Yukon and crispi Nevada, and like the Lowa TIcam II and zamberlan voiz and I HATE kennetek hard scrambles, as you can see that means kennetek doesn't fit my feet but it does other in this thread. Also the boots I like be and like are a lot stiffer then what you are asking about

You can go wrong with the below boots mfg's.

Hanwag
                            Crispi
                            Lowa
                            Zamberlan
                            la sportiva
                            Kennetek

Comment

Lowa

Comment

Salomon quest.

I had the danner high ground and gthey were great till they got wet. Turned into ice skates. I tried on every pair of boots I could find. Lowa, asolo, la sportiva etc. I bought the Salomon quest 4d. Love them. You better get it in gear and get them broke in!! Getting close!!

I will add that the asolo fit awesome but I couldn't get them to quit slipping so they didn't get bought.

Comment

Working...
                                X