Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ttt

Comment

I am going to try this next weekend on a 15 lb brisket. Quick question. How long do you need to let the brisket set or marinate before you put on the pit? And if I am wanting to have it ready to serve around 4pm when should I start?

Comment

i have a elec smoker and cut my briskets in half so they dont touch the sides of my smoker! would the times change any form the 225 for 50 min per pound or would it stay the same? thanks... going to try this rub this weekend

Comment

tried this rub and it was great! thanks

Comment

Cooked 4 briskets this past weekend with this rub and they turned out great . THANKS

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
              I am going to try this next weekend on a 15 lb brisket. Quick question. How long do you need to let the brisket set or marinate before you put on the pit? And if I am wanting to have it ready to serve around 4pm when should I start?
              You are gonna have a long night/day for a 4 o'clock meal if you want "just in time" serving... Probably need to build your fire about midnight and put the brisket on about 2am. you might want to consider cooking it the day before and warming it up to serve...

Comment

Sounds like it time to start cooking. I'll be trying this one very soon.

Comment

Tried this rub yesterday and it turned out great, hate to say it but maybe the best i've ever done! But I did make one modification as I like a little more kick and added 2 tbsp of Slap Ya Mama into the rub mix. I let the brisket marinate in the rub over night, cooked at 225/250 about 6 hrs pecan wood smoke, uncovered fat side down, then put into the oven into a foil pan uncovered for another 4 hrs at about 275/300 until internal temp was about 180. Took it out let it rest and re-absorb some juices. Awesome, thanks for the recipe!

Comment

SOTX, tried your recipe today. Great recipe. It was one of the best I've ever tried. My wife loved it and said it was the best she had ever tasted. Thanks again for sharing it with all of us!

Comment

sounds great im trying it this weekend

Comment

Thanks for the rub recipe. I've used it on brisket, pork chops, chikcken, etc. and always get compliments. Awesome !

Comment

This sounds like a great recipe. I've got to get busy.

Comment

Thank goodness there are no pics of brisket I'm starving

Comment

I have a brisket on the smoker now and the ribs will go on in a hour.

Comment

Only on this site will one find another willing to share his top secret rubs!!! Awsome, thanks for sharing!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X