Newell Ranch- Albany, Tx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newell Ranch- Albany, Tx

The same one from Monster Bucks and Road Trips. I have made up my mind, after getting an email back from Randy, that I will head out there next season. It is very pricey, but from what I have seen, probably well worth it!

Has anyone ever been?

I know my wife will flip out when she sees all the money I am using going hunting! That's okay.............I am the Man, right!

Any info would be awesome! Hey, who knows.....maybe I will be on Monster Bucks 18..... probably not, but it was a cool thought!

I have heard good things about this ranch also but do they have a website?

Comment

I have hunted this ranch. 22,000 acres bowhunted only. It is simply awesome. KC Jones and Randy Rifenburg are great folks and very down to earth.

Its a neat place. There are metal sculptures all over the ranch and up on one bluff looking over the whole place they were putting in a dance hall.

I wasnt aware that it was leased, back when I hunted on it, they said it was just for friends and business clients of Mr. Jones.

There were some highschool kids out there filling feeders and Randy said the kids work on the place to be able to hunt it.

My dad helped him out on an oil spill and he invited me, my dad and brother out to hunt a weekend. We saw lots of great bucks. My folks still go out there from time to time and go bass fishing.

(I looked for pics from the trip but I guess I dont have them on this computer)

Comment

Originally posted by AFHunter3 View Post
        That's okay.............I am the Man, right!
        That's what I'm talking about..........you go on with your bad self! At least as long as she does check you bank balance or she she's your post! And I'm not necessarily talking about the money part either!!!!

Good luck on your hunt, hope you get the buck of a lifetime. I've good things about the place.

Comment

I was able to get a hold of him, and they don't allow but a couple of hunters, by invite. I am excited! Hopefully, I can make this an annual trip and put a JUDO chop on some Big Whitetails!

Comment

It's a great ranch and great people. Also, stop by an eat at the bee hive in Albany.

Comment

do they have a web site

Comment

nope. You can check out Albany Texas chamber of commerce.

Comment

My wife used to work with a lady whos husband was a ranch hand at this place. Apparently Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert have hunted here several times... with success. If its good enough for Nashville, it would be good enough for me!

Comment

Originally posted by holdin4horns View Post
                    My wife used to work with a lady whos husband was a ranch hand at this place. Apparently Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert have hunted here several times... with success. If its good enough for Nashville, it would be good enough for me!
                    If it is expensive enough for Nashville, it too expensive for me

Comment

Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert were there hunting with Michael W. on RealTree RoadTrips...

Comment

Working...
                      X