Bow & Rifle Ranch for 10-yr-old's 1st Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow & Rifle Ranch for 10-yr-old's 1st Hunt

I've lurked on this forum for months - good stuff. Finally joined. Would like some assistance in finding a NICE place (doesn't have to be 5-star resort - just clean, comfortable and appropriate for a 10-yr-old's 1st hunt) where I can take my niece.

She'll be hunting with a .243 single-shot, looking for a ram or at least a hog (she wants a ram). I'll take my bow in case she shoots out - I don't care if I even shoot.

I like the pricing and animals TT offers, but I have read where many didn't favor the accomodations. I've been to KJO and had a good experience, but I would not want to take my niece to that cabin on her 1st hunt. I'm thinking maybe Baker 3, Rancho La Rama Del Mezquite (www.texas-exotics.com), Love Ranch or Caza Brio Ranch? But you all know far more about this than I do. Suggestions? It would be great to find someplace that will offer a good "father/daughter" package, too! But I want to make sure my niece's first experience isn't bad, and that she can come home with a decent, full curl ram or nice boar with teeth.

Thanks!

hmm too bad she doesn't bow hunt because Buggscuffle does a great job on father/kid hunts.

Comment

PM sent

Comment

from all the research i have dune on this same topic i would say TT's for the ram you wont find a better price, just stay in town for an extra $50 a night. as far as the pigs its a toss up just with what you think is best.

Comment

Not real sure why you wouldn't take her to KJO for her first hunt, but he only does bow hunts. Do a search on here, there are alot of places to do both.

Comment

Thompson Temple is a good place for younguns and grown ups as well....my nieces shot their first there .......I'll probly shoot mine there too however, the accomodations SUCK! there is a rock in the shower that wobbles.......water on the floor in the bathroom, the floors can never get clean enough, and there are small "critters" cute from the outside tho. It'll do in a bind, but I done told Hoyt Man, I'm not stayin in tha cabin again :| gives a whole new meaning to the term rustic! I'd rather sleep in a tent outside.... and the terrain is nice, it's pretty there, just stay outside
            Last edited by Sunshine; 05-12-2009, 07:43 PM.

Comment

We are about 5 hours North of you, but if you don't mind a road trip, we would love to have you and your niece. Putting smiles on young peoples faces is one of our specialties. coyotecreekranch06@yahoo.com or 903-249-4850
              Attached Files

Comment

x2 for Coyote Creek!!!

Comment

pm Brad75 he runs a guide service about 1-2 hours west of you.

Comment

Working...
                  X