Mr Heater Buddy in ground blind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mr Heater Buddy in ground blind?

I'm kind of favoring ground blinds these days and wondering if one of these heaters will be a problem in one? Not really concerned about the safety issue but how about the smell or vapor running off the deer?

Never have had that problem. Shot deer close as 8 yards with them running wide open on high.

Comment

we used to take a roll of TP, soak it in rubbing alcohol and put it in a tin coffee can. worked great

Comment

^like that idea.......

Comment

Originally posted by tbeak View Post
          we used to take a roll of TP, soak it in rubbing alcohol and put it in a tin coffee can. worked great
          This is great till the belly goes to rumbling. Then that thought. Dang. Fixing to ruin my t-shirt.

Comment

Only problem i ve had was i had my feet to close to it and feel asleep and melted my muck boots!

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
              This is great till the belly goes to rumbling. Then that thought. Dang. Fixing to ruin my t-shirt.
              or you run around with your *** on fire

Comment

Well, #1, I play the wind, even in a ground blind. Any vapors should be going away from your shooting lane. The noise isn't really all that loud outside of even a popup (except when you use push the ignition and it makes a loud click.)

Comment

No issues at all.

Comment

No issues at all. I have had deer within 10 yds w/ Mr. Buddy rolling. The really awesome thing about one in a ground blind is that a light jacket suffices.

Comment

I believe it's catalytic & shouldn't be a problem

Comment

Thanks for making the thread. I've been wondering that myself.

Comment

Good to know....

Comment

No problem here. Even had coyotes come in at 40 yards straight down wind with it going full blast

Comment

Okay this is great info guys! I can't wait to fall asleep in my blind now! Haha, it really might happen though.

Comment

Working...
                              X