What range finder do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What range finder do you use?

Looking to get a new range finder. Don't want to spend a lot, but want something that is decent and accurate. Will most likely be a Christmas present for me!

Any suggestions?

I have been using the Bushnell Scout Arc 1000 for the past two years. It has been great for both bow and rifle.

Comment

I use a Leupold RX1000 with the angle compensation.
      I will say this. Stay away from the "Archery" rangefinders that limit the distance to 100 yds. You can buy one for the same price that goes a few hundred yards. The reason is lets say you see a deer bedded that you want to stalk and he is 300 yds away and you are trying to pick a route. You can range the deer at 300 yds then range a big rock at 260 and know if you can get there then it's a 40 yds shot or you can range a stand of trees that is 270 so then if they are an easier route you know you can get to 30.
      Angle compensation is only needed if you hunt out west in the mountains

Comment

I use the Bushnell Scout arc 1000. I had it going 4 years now with no problems.

Comment

Leica 800

Comment

Bushnell Arc 1000

Comment

I may get bashed for this, but my parents got me a Halo rangefinder for Christmas three years ago and I still love it. Granted I'd love to have angle compensation, but For what I do it works... And it was like $90

Comment

Bushnell arc 1000

Comment

Leupold Rx 1000i tbr, I like it due to the readings and crosshairs lighting up

Comment

Rx1000i for me as well. Works great. A bit better in low light vs. the bushnell IMO a bit brighter and 6x instead of 4x

Comment

Originally posted by jrpwa View Post
                      I have been using the Bushnell Scout Arc 1000 for the past two years. It has been great for both bow and rifle.

Same
                      Here

Comment

I use a Bushnell range finder. It works pretty good in bright light, but sometimes disappoints me on the 3D course (flat black targets, can't get a read on them)

I really want a Leica though...

Comment

Originally posted by kikn View Post
                          Rx1000i for me as well. Works great. A bit better in low light vs. the bushnell IMO a bit brighter and 6x instead of 4x
                          X2

Comment

Nikon riflehunter 550 with I/D technology. Bought it on clearance so that was the deciding factor. I would try to find something with a red display for low light. I am no expert by any means but have had a few experiences in low light that it would have been a nice feature.

Comment

I use the Nikon archers choice, yes it will go out to 600 yds with a closer min yds then the reg 550.

Comment

Working...
                              X