Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paint The Face...

I've made good shots without it...
    ...but I've never made a bad shot with it.
    Attached Files

Agree with ya...

Comment

Works for me.

Don't that glove get hot?

Side note:

Just how ugly does a feller have to be, fore they stop allowing him to post pictures of himself?

Rick

Comment

Don't that glove get hot?
        ...no more than two of 'em did, all those years I hauled hay and built 5-strand (S.W. Oklahoma/Panhandle Tejas).

Truthfully, I've tried every glove, 3-finger setup, and even tabs (hate those floppers!). NOTHING has compared with the tactile 'feel' and overall comfort of a Wells LaMont 'deerskin' workglove.

...and I discovered them (as shooting gloves) out of a necessity.

I was in the Bridgers many years ago (and several wondrous times since) on a 10-day. Fell down a drainage chute on day 2... nothing really hurt but my pride.

A man running cattle on the peaks saw me from a lower switchback and came to pick up the pieces. When he saw I was alright, but flustered, he said - "Lose somethin'?"

"Yessir. My glove... brand new, too."

Without a word he reached into the cab of his truck. When he straightened he turned and said "Right or Left?"

I held up my right hand, and he tossed me the RH of a new pair of those 'deerskin' workgloves. "I can find uses for this one" he said of the other one.

...I've never looked back.

I generally get two full years of shooting (120 - 150 arrows a day, six days a week, 50 weeks a year) out of one. And I can find a replacement at any hardware/TSC store.

...as for your second query, Mamma always told me - "Son, you better be bold... 'cause you ain't NEVER gonna be 'pretty'".

Being behind this mug makes ALL THE DIFFERENCE.
        Last edited by CM Sackett; 05-19-2012, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !!!!!! I knew you would have a good comeback for the ugly comment. LOL

As for the glove - yep, I've tried them for shooting, and they work well, but I'm so hot natured I just can't stand it. I don't mind my hands sweating when I'm workin, but I hate it when I'm shootin.

Anywho - keep the good posts rollin in. Always interestin readin your stuff.

Rick

Comment

I thought he was talking about his hat.

Comment

My hat?

Me and that Pendleton have been to Hell and back... and Alaska, and Mt., and Co., and Texas., etc., etc.

I wouldn't trade that wool topper fer nothin'!

Comment

That's what I mean, I didn't think you could shoot with out it.

Comment

Comment

I carry a pair of Lamonts in my truck all the time. Don't use them for flinging but, I may have to give them a try when I can! I use my gloves for just about everything else though! Best $10.00 ya could spend (At least that's what they cost when I bought em last!)

CM great post once again. Enjoying the book!

Comment

Yep. I use those when knapping as they give me plenty of grip, feel and protection. Left my 3 finger glove at home one time when I went hunting and stopped by the hardware store in Breckenridge Tx and bought a pair to use with my recurve that weekend. Works good and I didn't notice any difference in my shooting. I still use it on a real cold day

Comment

If ugly guys couldn't post up here, this would move as slowly as the public hunting forum....and yes I include myself in the that group

Comment

Originally posted by Chunky View Post
                          If ugly guys couldn't post up here, this would move as slowly as the public hunting forum....and yes I include myself in the that group
                          Agreed & same here.

Buff & Peanut would get pretty lonely & bored reading only each others posts.

Rick

Comment

Hell... we're GUYS!

Except for Cary Grant, and Elvis... in his early 20s - we're ALL UGLY.

...but that don't stop me from holdin' my own with the BEST of 'em!

Comment

OOOO paint the face I thought it was face paint.
                              Some of us are able to maintain our dashing good looks better than othersClick image for larger version

Name:	buffbuff3.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	154.8 KB
ID:	24075740

Comment

Working...
                              X