Deer/wild pig sausage recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer/wild pig sausage recipe

My wife and I are getting together with our neighbor's to make some breakfast sausage with deer and wild hog. I'm looking for recipes and curious about how much fat to add compared to meat. Also, I'm looking for what seasonings to add. Any help would be appreciated.

In

Comment

I use REO seasonings out of Huntsville Texas. I believe their web site is reospice.com or something like that. I do 60% deer and 40% wild pig and I don't add any fat. Good luck!

Comment

I have tried many recepies over the years....this is the best!!!
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by czechaholic View Post
          I have tried many recepies over the years....this is the best!!!
          Is this like Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage flavor? I have gotten "pan sausage" made up at a processor and it was not anything you would want for breakfast.

Comment

ive used the seasonings that academy carries for pan sausage and its turned out good!!! and like the feller up top said around 60 deer 40 hog and you should be good

Comment

Last batch we made was 25 lbs made up of 33% Deer, 33% hog, and 33% brisket. You talk about turned out good. Plenty of fat and cooked up nice. We used a recipe from this sight, http://www.lets-make-sausage.com then taste tested it and adjusted seasoning until it was right.

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

I use the pan sausage recipe from Mesquite Country's sausage recipe thread. It's dang good. I find the salt a bit much and dial it back just a bit though.

Comment

German sausage 1897

1897 family cookbook
                    Attached Files

Comment

I've yet to mix beef brisket in but definitely will try it next batch as if seems to be done more commonly then I thought.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X