Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bourbon glazed duck..... (step by step with pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

... might work for geese as well

Comment

Sure would like that for lunch today

Great dish - added to recipe file

Comment

I planned to make this for the upcoming weekend... just need to get into some big ducks first. All small birds so far this year

Back up top

Comment

Dang that looks god!

Comment

Looks good! I always laugh when people say ducks don't taste good! It's all about how you cook them.

Comment

Trying this recipe out today.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                and use paper towels to get meat as dry as possible.
                Quite possibly one of the most important steps in cooking any meat that most people don't know.

That's some mighty tasty looking duck.

Comment

Would this work ok with a spoonbill or scaup? My dad killed few ducks last weekend and I’m afraid he won’t leave me have the woodduck or mallard.

Comment

Originally posted by Katch66 View Post
                    Trying this recipe out today.
                    This turned out great! I would have taken pics but was too busy watching the game and having a few beers. Definitely a recipe that was added to my favorites list.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                      Would this work ok with a spoonbill or scaup? My dad killed few ducks last weekend and I’m afraid he won’t leave me have the woodduck or mallard.
                      Work fine with bootlips. Wings and thighs won't have enough meat to mess with. Blue bills work too just brine like mentioned AND REMOVE SKIN.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                        Work fine with bootlips. Wings and thighs won't have enough meat to mess with. Blue bills work too just brine like mentioned AND REMOVE SKIN.
                        Great. One last question: how much water and salt did you use (what ratio)?

Comment

Cover meat with water. I eyeball salt

I'd guess for equivalent of 6 duck breast covered in water,a good heaping T.

Comment

For the shovelers use the cook time for gadwall I posted. Same for bluebill

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                              Great. One last question: how much water and salt did you use (what ratio)?
                              I used the 1 cup of salt to one gallon of water brine. Only used 16 oz of water and 1/8 cup of salt to cover the duck breasts.

Comment

Originally posted by Katch66 View Post
                                I used the 1 cup of salt to one gallon of water brine. Only used 16 oz of water and 1/8 cup of salt to cover the duck breasts.
                                Thanks, guys. I’m stilk hoping I can coax the woodduck away from him. My mom can use the trash birds for gumbo.

Comment

Working...
                                X