Secrets to tenderize/season steak?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Secrets to tenderize/season steak?

What do you use to tenderize and season your beef steaks? Do you do anything different to tenderize and season your venison?

My steaks are marinated in Dr Pepper today and will use HEB steak seasoning, will see how that turns out in about 2 hours.

Get better beef steaks and don’t over cook your venison.

I don’t do anything to tenderize.

Comment

Lucky to have a cooler & good aging is what does it for tender venison.

No tenderizing good steaks...good ole salt & pepper or uncle chris's steak seasoning.

Comment

Salt and pepper. Period!

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
          get better beef steaks and don’t over cook your venison.

I don’t do anything to tenderize.
          x100

Comment

Buy quality beef and it’s already done. prime1 or prime from Costco is what we cook. Salt, pepper and a little garlic

Comment

I salt them heavily an hour before I cook them. Wash off all the salt and season with garlic and pepper

Comment

If I buy steak, it is a quality one. If I can't buy quality, I will just make burgers.

Comment

Fancy

Comment

Costco steaks....kosher salt and black pepper

IMO

Comment

I buy USDA prime Rib Eyes most of the time.. Never a problem.. Worth the difference.

sometime buy a tri tip steak still tender if cooked correct.

Anything past medium rare of over cooked.

I cook my rare most of the time.

Comment

You don’t cook up a good steak. You buy a good steak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

And don't overcook.

Comment

If you have steak that needs to be more tender, let it set in the fridge for a few days, then salt it the day before you plan to cook it. Unwrap it and let it set on the counter for a couple hours before you cook.

I like prime beef as much as the next guy, but if you know what a good steak looks like at the store, and prep it a little....cheaper can be just as tasty.

Comment

I usually buy a 16-20 ounce sirloin, or Ribeye-make sure it has plenty of marbling. Brush both sides with olive oil, then liberally apply Uncle Chris’ Steak season. Let it sit on the counter till for an hour or so, at least till it’s room temperature.
                              I check the grill by holding my hand above the grate. I like to have it set where I can hold my hand there about 3 seconds. 5 minutes on the each side, then flip. Med rare. Don’t over do it.

Comment

Working...
                              X