• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simply a stunner of a point.

Comment

Very, very nice!

Comment

Has a professional looked at this? I'm curious to hear more.

Comment

That’s a very cool find.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post

Yep pretty skeptical on the piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HotRod Hunter View Post
              Maybe it is from a Prehistoric souvenir shop the nomads would stop at.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post

No they haven’t. I told them to take it to the Temple show to give it looked at. It looked real to me. There is still some dirt in it but I’m no expert.

Comment

Originally posted by Bazo View Post
                  No they haven’t. I told them to take it to the Temple show to give it looked at. It looked real to me. There is still some dirt in it but I’m no expert.

I'm no expert either. It's fun to learn about, though.

Comment

Only an expert can tell you for sure. I am skeptical as I have never seen a piece that big and shape that was authentic. No reason for anything that size other than cerimonial or a conversation piece. The only other thing it could have been used for was a knife. I think if it's authentic it would be Archaic to the Late woodland era.
                    As others mentioned Gar Guy could certainly authenticate for you.

Comment

Just my opinion but first impressions are that it’s knapped from a slab....surface flakes look relatively thin & surficial. Reminds me of a Gray Ghost or something similar.

Comment

It sure is awfully perfect. Nice piece.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                          Only an expert can tell you for sure. I am skeptical as I have never seen a piece that big and shape that was authentic. No reason for anything that size other than cerimonial or a conversation piece. The only other thing it could have been used for was a knife. I think if it's authentic it would be Archaic to the Late woodland era.
                          As others mentioned Gar Guy could certainly authenticate for you.
                          No reason for anything that size??? You know people like Hogman$ have always existed...heck, one of his ancestors may have made that thing LOL! It went on front of the old timey version of this thing! I can picture it now “Hey 2 dogs humping, hold my firewater and watch this $#&@!!!”

Comment

Originally posted by TxArcheo View Post
                            Just my opinion but first impressions are that it’s knapped from a slab....surface flakes look relatively thin & surficial. Reminds me of a Gray Ghost or something similar.
                            Spot on, gray ghost impersonator. Great piece and still has value but it isn't ancient.

Comment

One of the first pictures I’ve seen on TBH of an up close hand shot with clean fingernails.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                                One of the first pictures I’ve seen on TBH of an up close hand shot with clean fingernails.

Can you tell I’m recovering from back surgery and can do anything right now [emoji23]

Comment

Working...
                                X