Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Live from Woodbury County, Iowa...(with a slight detour this year)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live from Woodbury County, Iowa...(with a slight detour this year)

After what was arguably our most successful trip to the Midwest in 2016 which saw us bring home over 570" of total antler in the back of Matt Stolle's truck home to Texas, to say we are just a little bit eager with anticipation of what this year's 2017 hunt holds in store would be a gross understatement! The first week of November means that it's that time of year again for 6 Texans to pack just about every piece of warm weather gear we own, stuff our bow cases with plenty of arrows and sharp broadheads and get ready for a full week of Midwest rut hunting...only this year we will be making a slight detour...

An opportunity came up through a connection by one of our hosts to move onto a new 2,600 acre farm over in Nebraska in Dixon County on the Missouri River which is only about 45 minutes from where we have been hunting around Sioux City, Iowa in Woodbury County. Dan, Tim, Jack, Mike and Daniel have all been hard at work setting up the property with lots of new stands and Travis even made a trip up to help for a long weekend late in the summer as well. The property is made up of approximately 55% grain fields with the remainder of the property located throughout the adjacent brush filled bluffs overlooking the Missouri River.

Matt, Jim, Travis and Stolle have all boarded airplanes headed that way this morning and I will be flying up Sunday morning following Kade's playoff football game. GJ is flying up late on Tuesday and will join us for the remainder of the week. Hopefully the weather forecast holds, because when the first week of November is met with temps ranging from the mid 20's for lows to highs in the low 40's all week, the rut should break wide open this week! It should be a fun week, so stay tuned for another year of the Woodbury County Iowa annual live hunt...just from a slightly different home base...the Conrad J. Hilton Hunting Lodge gets a break this year!!!

Following !!!

Good luck to all.

Comment

In for the ride!

Comment

As always, following.

RWc

Comment

This is a thread I always look forward to. Good Luck fellas!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Following again this year Wade, good luck to all the hunters.

Comment

Look forward to this hunt every year! So will y'all still be hunting Iowa as well? Or have completely switched to the Nebraska property?

Comment

Good luck! Sounds like a blast

Comment

In!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looking forward to following along!

Comment

Stinson and I are sitting at the airport waiting to fly out to Omaha.

Comment

Waiting to board

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gander View Post
                            Look forward to this hunt every year! So will y'all still be hunting Iowa as well? Or have completely switched to the Nebraska property?

Just Nebraska. We did not put in for the Iowa draw this year.

Comment

Following Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X