Opening Day Buck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opening Day Buck!

Well I've been chasing this guy since last year. Finally connected and it was an hour into the season! Had this deer coming to 1 feeder for the most part, but when I went to check cameras yesterday, he had moved to a couple other spots. I'm thinking the rain had something to do with it, as the original spot was almost flooded.

So I changed my original plan and hunted a tree stand this morning. Was worried I didn't have a harness here, but I found one in the shed. I overslept a little, but got on stand after a muddy walk about 1.5 hours before sunrise. Had a pig come in at first light but didn't want to shoot. I then had a smaller buck come in behind me but he spooked. Feeder goes off at 7:45 and I see my deer about 75yds out at 8:00, but he goes behind some trees and disappears. I have some turkeys come in but the quickly leave when this guy pops back out. I grab my bow and try to calm my nerves. He goes behind the feeder where I don't have a shot and then a doe comes in. I'm hoping she doesn't see me draw, but he comes around to the front and I draw and put an arrow in him. High lung on the entrance, just above the heart on the exit. Not a complete pass through but the arrow went up to the fletchings. I think I hear him go down, but I stick in the stand for 30-40 min. Walk to where I thought he was and there he was!

First good bow buck for me.

Comment

Awesome deer!!!! Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice buck congrats.

Comment

Heck yeah!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great buck! Congrats

Comment

Great deer

Comment

Congratulations! Great buck!

Comment

Wow, great buck!

Comment

Awesome buck! Congrats

Comment

Very nice. Congrats

Comment

Congrats! Nothing better than getting your target buck.
                        Last edited by texashunter56; 09-30-2017, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Awesome buck and pretty cool with the black face. Congrats.

Comment

I think I just saw this buck in the game section...... He looks bigger now than in those pictures. I like how symmetrical he is and that cape is awesome. Congrats on your best bow buck.

Comment

Very nice! Congrats

Comment

Working...
                              X