Coroplast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coroplast

I am building a new blind. Actually a glorified two man tripod. Anyway, have read a lot of threads on here about coroplast working well but nobody had much to say about longevity. How well does that stuff hold up to the Texas sun and wind? Anybody have a blind made of it up for several years? Any input greatly appreciated.

remarkably I got better than 5 years out of a blind I used it on

Comment

Just built one this year using it. 6x8 bow blind. Also interested in the longevity, but the ease of construction was amazing. In my mind if that stuff lasts more than a year or two it is well worth it. So far the one I built has stood up to some pretty heavy rains with no leakage.

Comment

I ve had 2 blinds out for a year and no problems yet. I painted them so they would last longer. I like it because of its light weight and bends easily on my round hay ring frames.

Comment

What kind of paint did you use? I understand it is kind of finniky about taking paint.

Comment

I used flat outdoor paint for the base coat and rattlecan paint for accents. Had no issue with it sticking. Everything having to do with construction was easier with this stud.

Comment

Originally posted by Spades View Post
              What kind of paint did you use? I understand it is kind of finniky about taking paint.
              Cheap Wal mart stuff. It was in their wrong mixture sale pile. Not really camo, lol. But when things die out it works
              Attached Files

Comment

I made a cattle panel blind skinned in coroplast 3 years ago and i was very impressed. I really haven't noticed much wear at all and I am in west Texas.

Comment

I need to post a thread on this build but here is a pic if the blind i built this year. Skinned in Coroplast
                  Attached Files

Comment

I used it and screwed it on to the frame. Only problem I've had was screws going all the way through it. Next time I plan to use roofing nails with the plastic washers

Comment

Had a ghost blind made of coroplast. Only had it out about a year but it still looked brand new. Not very sturdy. It shook alot in the wind but I didnt have the frame like above. I should have gone that route. Would have been alot cheaper. And alot more durable.

Comment

I used coroplast (or the Home Deport version) as part of some bow blind mods that have been up about 9 months. Like others, we painted the white sheets with the cheapest black spray paint available and did not have any issues. The paint continues to stick.

Here's the original post: http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=612429

Comment

Coroplast last a very long time. I have a 4x4 box blind that I bought from a lease members son after he passed away. The blind was originally sold as a kit you put together, precut square tubing, coroplast, screws, etc. I bought it 2 years ago and it had been on our lease for 7 years. Coroplast was still in great shape, not brittle at all. I took it home and painted it just for extra weather protection and added some screws then put it back out. Still looks great after 10 years in the field.
                          I use Modified Truss Head screws because they have a large head, you can get them real cheap at any building material store like Lowes or Home Depot. They also come in a self tap point for wood or self drilling point for going through metal.

Comment

We have a 4x4 on our Mexico lease thats been there prolly 10 to 15 years. The summers there reach 110 regularly and its till going strong.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                              Cheap Wal mart stuff. It was in their wrong mixture sale pile. Not really camo, lol. But when things die out it works
                              The side of the road political 4'x8' signs are where I got mine too. A few weeks after an election, if they're still up, they're considered litter.

Comment

Working...
                              X