Howa rifles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howa rifles

Whats everyone's opinion on the Howa rifles? More specifically looking at the 22-250 for my son. Max shot would be 200 yards with majority being 100 yards.

Love mine! .270 tack driver.

Comment

I bought my daughter one in 223. It has been a great gun and groups as good or better than guns that cost twice as much or more.

Comment

Howas are good

Comment

As good as an over the counter rifle gets

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
            Howas are good
            Agree

Their mini action guns are light weight and chambered in a couple rounds that will take care of deer out to 200 yards and one round much further and are now available with youth stocks (don't know the size of your son).

Comment

Originally posted by BowTech2010 View Post
              Whats everyone's opinion on the Howa rifles? More specifically looking at the 22-250 for my son. Max shot would be 200 yards with majority being 100 yards.
              They make one in 6.5 Grendel. Would be a great gun for a kiddo

Comment

Love mine! In 25-06 tack driver at 400.

Comment

Got two of them a .243 and .308 both are great shooters.

Comment

I have owned several over the years and have never been disappointed for the price.

Several years ago you could not get a rifle that shot as well as a Howa or Weatherby Vanguard for a comparable price. These days that has changed somewhat with the introduction of low cost rifles that shoot well by almost every name in the market.

Comment

I like my Howa 1500 6.5 Creedmor. Every Howa I've shot has been a solid shooting gun.

Comment

I've had a howa 1500 in 22-250 for about 10 years. It's a tack driver for sure. I shoot deer out to 250 yards with it using a 55 grain Hornady V-Max

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                          They make one in 6.5 Grendel. Would be a great gun for a kiddo
                          I'm guessing this would be a better choice over the 22-250?

Comment

Great guns. Same basic action as the Vanguard and the SW1500.

Comment

Originally posted by BowTech2010 View Post
                              I'm guessing this would be a better choice over the 22-250?
                              I’ll have to let the pros answer that one. It is a cool round with little recoil and good energy numbers. I’ve never shot a 22-250.

Comment

Working...
                              X