Game Cameras- is it just me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hix View Post
    Browning Strike Force factory refurbish $85 on eBay.
    End of story.
    I've got a browning and I'm not sold on it yet. I've had it out in Kansas last year and now this year. I put it in places with high deer traffic. I get maybe 25% of the pics that I used to get with a Primos or Moultrie. Those cameras would get 4,000 is pics in a month, Browning will get maybe 1,000 in that same time on same settings. My browning is the one that has the screen on it for aiming purposes too.

The browning's pic quality is great though.

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
      Best camera ever made was the capture flash.
      My opinion exactly!

Comment

Browning is showing a Strike Force as one of the best trail cameras on several sights, such as the Browning Strike Force Sub Micro 10 MP for $121.00 or the Browning Strike Force Pro HD for $159.00 and this is from Trail Cam Pro which has been doing camera reviews for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          Which is what?

IR cameras are perfect for my sets.... running Moultrie M-80XTs and they won't die. When they die I'm going with more Browning Strike Force or Coverts
          Pick out deer from year to year.

I need color to see tail color, ear markings, facial markings, toe color, white patch, holes and rips, back stripe/spots.

It's isnt good enough for me to just go out there and shoot a nice buck, I need to know how old they are with as much precision as possible. If I'm wrong too much, my deer herd is going to crater. IR cameras take away all of that info... AND they make deer look way smaller than they actually are... which you can imagine might be a problem if you are selling hunts and sending guides out to look for specific deer.

I try to go sit and see as many in person as possible before the season starts, but it's impossible to see them all.
          Last edited by Encinal; 10-29-2017, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
            They do ok for us working men.
            F'ndude I guess that's because you don't truly care about long term documentation of your deer.

It's not for everyone. Wish they did work for me. I wouldn't have to try to find 10 year old cameras on eBay.

You need to work on that chip on your shoulder. The way you took what I said is way more about you than me.

Comment

F'ndude I guess that's because you don't truly care about long term documentation of your deer.

It's not for everyone. Wish they did work for me. I wouldn't have to try to find 10 year old cameras on eBay.

You need to work on that chip on your shoulder. The way you took what I said is way more about you than me.

I agree with you Encinal - we now run right at 30 cameras and pay two to three times as much for them as we use to. The newer cameras are not as reliable and not as good pictures. This comes based on many years of running many cameras

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                I think it is you... no offense. You can find great quality cameras on Ebay and Amazon for $90-110. Your $80 cameras, if you are buying retail are prob $50 on Ebay or Amazon.

If you are having problems with glare your cameras are pointed the wrong direction. You need them pointed/facing North and that glare will be gone.

As far as better quality pics? I have several pics libraries from 2006 on and they are horrible compared to today's pics... the higher pixellation and wide views of today's cameras are light years ahead quality wise....not to mention "stealthier" with their night pics and better on batteries.
                I thought changing the direction might help. Originally the camera was facing east. So I moved it now it is facing NNE. But still have pics that look like glare, both during the day and at night . Not all, but a few here and there. But when there is one, there are multiple ones. I also have a problem with lots or false triggers. So I trimmed the taller grass and some brush limbs that might be the problem. We will see.

By the way, I am using a Stealth Cam px18 CMO. Just seems like I never had so many issues years ago. But I will look into some of the brands discussed. Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.

Comment

Best camera ever made was the capture flash.
                  Mine didn’t last a season.

That being said, I haven’t had anything Cuddeback last more than a season.

Comment

I run Cuddeback white flash cameras almost exclusively, for the quality of the pictures. While we don’t have the same quality of animals, I still want to be able to do the same things as Encinal does.
                    The few IR cams I run are strictly for trails and spots that could have theft issues.

Comment

I run nothing but Bushnell and had nothing but good luck with them. I think I might change the batteries once a year.

Comment

Lol. You took yourself and my comment a little too seriously. A little clarification was all that was needed.

Oh and I do care about documentation but never thought it through enough to say the difference in color pics v. Infrared would make any difference. But I’m not in the deer business so I get it.

Comment

The capture flash wasn't the most durable but by far my favorite camera ever. Had 8-10 at one time and I'm down to 2. I guard them with my life!

Comment

I am still running 6 moultire M80s. They are at least 8 years old and taking great pictures. I think they were the best budget cameras ever made (paid 120/pop for them back in the day).

Comment

Originally posted by Hix View Post
                              Browning Strike Force factory refurbish $85 on eBay.
                              End of story.
                              I have 5 of these and they are flawless. Facing the camera north as Smart said is the key.

Comment

Capture flash and I was always a fan of Camtrakker, film
                                and digital. 36 exposure got hard to find at Eckerds. Lol
                                Yes, IR makes the deer look smaller. Funny how all cameras are different. I'm still running moultrie I40's and they are more zoomed in than others. And my Reconyx, while awesome with battery life, makes the deer look smaller as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X