Browning Hell's Canyon vs Christensen Arms Mesa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Browning Hell's Canyon vs Christensen Arms Mesa

I'm in the market for a new rifle and have almost decided it will be one of these two. I have never owned or shot a either of them so I was wondering is some of y'all had any pro or cons on them.

The rifle will be use for mostly hunting in Texas. Would be a mix of stand and walk and stalk hunting. With shots ranging from 100-500 yards.

Thanks for any input.

They both have weird threading, but Christensen's 1/2 x 28 is at least common in smaller bore rifles like ARs, so it'd be easier to get an adapter. The ability to dial the trigger all the way down to 1.5 lbs and that the action is a Rem 700 clone are other pros. It looks like the street price is $300 more though.

I like X-bolts and the Hells Canyon has a great reputation around here too.

Comment

Originally posted by Balcones_Walker View Post
      They both have weird threading, but Christensen's 1/2 x 28 is at least common in smaller bore rifles like ARs, so it'd be easier to get an adapter. The ability to dial the trigger all the way down to 1.5 lbs and that the action is a Rem 700 clone are other pros. It looks like the street price is $300 more though.

I like X-bolts and the Hells Canyon has a great reputation around here too.
      Browning Hells Canyon is threaded in a metric pattern (main reason I sold mine) and the Mesa is threaded 1/2x28 because of the small profile barrel. I would pick the Mesa hands down and use a thread adaptor for a can. The Mesa is a much better built rifle with a better trigger.

Comment

Every Browning I have had, or shot, was a tack driver. Christensen has a hell of a reputation as well and builds a hell of a rifle. Triggers can be worked on. I personally like the look of the Hell's Canyon, but the Christensen is pretty as well. Personal preference I guess.

Comment

I've got a hell's canyon speed, very pleased with it.

Comment

I was looking at the Bronze model of the Mesa as they look similar. Good to know on the threads as I'll be running suppressed from time to time.

Comment

Here are what the two look like for anyone wondering.
              Attached Files

Comment

My vote is for the Christensen

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                  My vote is for the Christensen
                  X2

Comment

Hell's Canyon Speed shoots pretty decent.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3101.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	24535872

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 2Lazy2P View Post
                      Hell's Canyon Speed shoots pretty decent.[ATTACH]904339[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Dang that's a good grouping. Is that a P-Lam door you are using as a target?

Comment

Tagged for reviews. I picked up the HC Long Range 300WM a month ago but haven't shot it yet.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Roysecityslayor View Post
                          Dang that's a good grouping. Is that a P-Lam door you are using as a target?
                          No sir, just some scrap 1/4" plywood I had in the shop.

Comment

I own Brownings from 22 auto, sweet sixteens, 270 a-bolt, 300 win mag, and a-bolt 375.
                            They are as good as you need and everyone can work on them if needed. The only one I have had worked on was the 300 win mag to replace the bolt stop pin.

Comment

A buddy bought a Christensen ridgeline in 300. He liked it enough he sells them in his shop now. While I havent shot it I handled it and like the way it handled but it wasnt as light as I thought it would be

Comment

Working...
                              X