With all this rain, watch out for the "Raft of Pain!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With all this rain, watch out for the "Raft of Pain!"

I have never seen so many rafts of fire ants. With all the flooding they are going to be everywhere!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	fireants1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	191.4 KB
ID:	25054740

those little suckers are resilient as hail!!!! Brilliant in a weird kinda way actually.

Comment

OMG.... As if they weren't spreading fast enough. I hate those things.

Comment

Perfect time to spread diatomaceous earth all over them

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
          I have never seen so many rafts of fire ants. With all the flooding they are going to be everywhere!
          [ATTACH]712451[/ATTACH]

Comment

I wish they would all drown!!

Comment

Wait till it dries then use DE

Comment

Naplam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

My husband and I have been working, waist deep in our creek fixing water gaps every day for the past four days. Thanks for giving me the heebie jeebies!

Comment

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
                    That made me laugh...

Comment

An even greater danger is Lake Lewisville. The dam is the most unstable dam of any lake in the USA. It has been put under 24hr surveillance. Ray Roberts has millions of fire ant rafts and is about to go over the spillway in addition to the 15,000cfs being discharged thru the gate. Lewisville dam bursts and 500,000 trillion fire ant rafts gonna descend on Dallas and parts south. There could well be a fire ant raft extending several hundred miles wide moving at 20 mph. Run for your life. Not enough gasoline in Texas to burn them all.

Think I am kidding huh?
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by muzzlebrake; 05-12-2015, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Fall of 2009 Lake Somerville came up 5 feet from from Oct to November flooding a ton of ground that had been dry for a long time. We killed a ton of ducks but earned them with the amount of ants in the water!

Comment

Them and Skeeters are the worst animals God ever made....

Comment

I don't think I would ever get tired of trolling around the lake in a bass boat torching those things with a pear burner.........EVER.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              I don't think I would ever get tired of trolling around the lake in a bass boat torching those things with a pear burner.........EVER.
                              Dang, should have done that the other weekend when The Texan's tank filled up. Sure are fun to shoot at the 'stalks of ants' with the .22 though

Comment

Working...
                              X