Redneck blind pic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Redneck blind pic

I could not find the old thread for what ever reason .. Was asked for a pic of the set up once done with feeder ..

Feeder is 18 yards and I relocated camera I think I will adjust cam though maybe higher or lower not sure I moved cam closer to feeder its about 4 yards from it

The window blind kit that came with blind is great . I plan to drape a large camo net over the entire blind and cut some openings to give it a more 3d effect . as when the brush hog grabbed all the vines it opened it up much more than I wanted ..

Untitled by GMR Performance, on Flickr
    Last edited by HDWRENCH; 08-08-2018, 08:28 AM.

Looks good

Comment

Nice set-up - apparently the bucks like it! An alternative to the camo netting would be to attach limbs from an old artificial Christmas Tree. Here's one I did:

Click image for larger version

Name:	blind2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	24547931

Comment

Great idea!

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
          Nice set-up - apparently the bucks like it! An alternative to the camo netting would be to attach limbs from an old artificial Christmas Tree. Here's one I did:

[ATTACH]919076[/ATTACH]
          That is a neat idea.

An old trick is to paint a 1 gallon milk jug with a face and hang it in a window. The deer get used to it............

Comment

Open to ideas the deer seem to be ok with it , but to me its just really naked sitting there.

I always brush my blinds in.. I thought about using some para cord and pulling some of the live tress down but again the brush hog sucked up the vines and boy where they attached and it sucked in the trees as well

The netting and then weave the fake Christmas tree into it .. Now to find cheap trees HA HA

Comment

From the looks of it now I dont see a need to add camo netting over blind.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                That is a neat idea.

An old trick is to paint a 1 gallon milk jug with a face and hang it in a window. The deer get used to it............

Now THAT is a good idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HDWRENCH View Post
                  Open to ideas the deer seem to be ok with it , but to me its just really naked sitting there. The netting and then weave the fake Christmas tree into it .. Now to find cheap trees HA HA
                  I bought a couple of old trees at the Goodwill store for $15 each. I agree that the deer pay no attention to a blind after a while, camo'ed or not. However things often change with a window open and someone inside. Where the tree limbs help most IMO, is around the windows. They block some of the light coming in and make the windows less obvious.

Comment

I bought a couple of old trees at the Goodwill store for $15 each. I agree that the deer pay no attention to a blind after a while, camo'ed or not. However things often change with a window open and someone inside. Where the tree limbs help most IMO, is around the windows. They block some of the light coming in and make the windows less obvious.
                    I've used old Christmas tree limbs for years and they also help when a traveling buck comes thru for the first time checking out new does. I built a new blind a few weeks ago and need to get some up before season.

Comment

That was my thought windows open , and having a bit of cover in front of it . morning the sun shines in just trying a few options .. The camo netting is pretty cheap and if I drape t over I could weave the branches into that and have great cover year round

Comment

No need for the camo netting, the deer will get used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                          That is a neat idea.

Gotta put a gimme cap on the jug too

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                            Gotta put a gimme cap on the jug too
                            Emergency pee bottle............

Comment

Sweet set up.

Comment

Working...
                              X