2017 Nissan Titan Diesel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2017 Nissan Titan Diesel

I’m looking at a 2017 Titan with the Diesel motor. Just looking for any pros and cons owners. Let’s here what ya got. Thanks!

No cons I'm aware of other than it is an ugly truck.

Comment

If you’re on Facebook, look up Nissan Titan XD Cummins forum. You cab read up on the most common issues there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
        Lol my thoughts. At least it's a cummins.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Ugly is in the eye of the beholder

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
            It’s kinda like them butterface women. You see them from the rear and think **** they look good, then see em from the side and same thoughts, then you stare em down from the front and realize that beauty is only a light switch away

Comment

I've been looking at them. Theres a thread on here a few pages long discussing them. I thought they were the ugliest truck out for two year but I guess they grew on me.

Comment

I read up on them a lot and the towing and hauling is what you need to pay attention to if that is what you are wanting to do with it.

Comment

I drove one and wasn’t that impressed. When I was looking their price was right around what you could get a Ram or Ford for. I would pick either of those over the Nissan.
                  With that said, I am sure it’s a good truck.

Comment

They have the motor but don't have the chassis to back it up. Their tow rating and payload are = or < than the half tons offered by the Big 3. The motor writes a check the rest of the truck can't cash. I like them and seriously considered getting one but after doing some research they seemed kinda pointless. Cost the same or more than a half ton from the Big 3 and really aren't anymore capable. Why pay the big bucks for a motor that you can't use.

Comment

I'll give my take on the towing only. Not here to get in a measuring contest, safety convo, or anything other than what I have seen first hand. I don't own one, and won't be in the market for 10-12 years hopefully, so I have no reason to lie about it's capabilities. (Was called a liar on another site when given this info)

Had a guy do some dozer work for me at my camp. I followed him from our home town, to my camp roughly 80-85 miles, and then back home 3 days later. He pulled his dozer (27k lbs dozer/trailer) 70-75 mph without a hiccup. This is what I witnessed.

He huals this dozer with this truck almost daily as it is his job.

I was impressed

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

Not sure I totally agree with others...we towed a 36ft toy hauler w crew Mule in back +gear all the way to nm and towed like a dream- that trailer was easy 12k plus mule and gear. I'd drive one if I had the need-
                        Agreed they aren't the best looking truck.

Comment

Quick read these trucks had a turbo issue, improperly lubricated from the factory which has been fixed. Haven’t heard much about Nissan Cummins, hope others bring insight.

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
                            I'll give my take on the towing only. Not here to get in a measuring contest, safety convo, or anything other than what I have seen first hand. I don't own one, and won't be in the market for 10-12 years hopefully, so I have no reason to lie about it's capabilities. (Was called a liar on another site when given this info)

Had a guy do some dozer work for me at my camp. I followed him from our home town, to my camp roughly 80-85 miles, and then back home 3 days later. He pulled his dozer (27k lbs dozer/trailer) 70-75 mph without a hiccup. This is what I witnessed.

He huals this dozer with this truck almost daily as it is his job.

I was impressed

Not going to call you a liar because it’s actually pretty easy to pull something with wheels on it. However several towing test I have watched where they actually get into some hills it performs no better than the gas but cost about $5000 more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                              Not going to call you a liar because it’s actually pretty easy to pull something with wheels on it. However several towing test I have watched where they actually get into some hills it performs no better than the gas but cost about $5000 more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                              Like I said, all I can comment about is what I saw. But I would have a hard time believing a gas half ton would have done what it did and as well. But who knows, maybe I'm just easily impressed. [emoji3]

Comment

Working...
                              X