Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

austin so long huts hamburgers

Hut's Hamburgers @HutsHamburgers

Today we are officially announcing that after 80 years, Hut's Hamburgers will be closing in October. We are grateful for the many years and memories we have had owning Hut's, but my wife and I are ready for a new adventure. http://bit.ly/hutsatx2019

I've never eaten there, but I'm curious why they'd close it and not try to sell it as an operating business?

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander View Post
      I've never eaten there, but I'm curious why they'd close it and not try to sell it as an operating business?
      They probably have the location already sold so some more high rises can be built

Comment

This is a sad day. Thank you for the wonderful food and fantastic atmosphere!

Small businesses looking to cash in on Downtown rocketing land prices. The last residential property on Rainey St is now for sale too, $2.4 mil.

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander View Post
          Unfortunately there is not much to sell. Rent and taxes are killing all the old business around Austin. You can't sell an $8 hamburger downtown and make it cover the cost plus make some money. It has be a $12 to $15 hamburger and you need a line of people waiting to buy them. Town has change for the worse since I grew up and around it in the early 80's.

Comment

Hut’s was a Wednesday night staple back in college for 2 for 1 burger night.

So long Dag Burger.

Comment

Originally posted by Longhorn95 View Post

So long Dag Burger.

Ritchie valens

Comment

I work across the street and eat there about once a week. There used to be 3-4 decent eateries around there, now there are zero.

Comment

Dang

Comment

I eat there two to three times a month, great food and a classic place. My folks went there when they were at Texas. It sucks but that dirt has to be worth a fortune.

Comment

Great burgers; shame they're closing. Genuine institution. Sad.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                        They probably have the location already sold so some more high rises can be built
                        This. I am surprised it lasted this long. I hope they own the property and are making the developers pony up.

Comment

Austin keeps pushing its liberal agenda. That just increases cost and forces out the little people. I have never eaten there but always hate to see these types of places close.

-john

Comment

Originally posted by Longhorn95 View Post

So long Dag Burger.
                            x2
                            Buddy up and order different burgers and split them.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
                              Austin keeps pushing its liberal agenda. That just increases cost and forces out the little people. I have never eaten there but always hate to see these types of places close.

-john

This....

Comment

Working...
                              X