Attempted mass shooter stopped by guy with gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
    I swear, gun folk are our own worst enemy just about all of the time.

Especially when we call each other DA for carrying in a legal manner (open carry).

If you don’t want to open carry, then don’t. It’s really that simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
      Well, now he gets to sit in jail and hopefully get his firearms taken away.... he’s lucky he didn’t get shot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Why do you hate freedom? It might not have been the smartest thing considering what has happened recently, but it if wasn't illegal, why should he lose his firearms because it hurt your feelings?

Comment

Originally posted by krisw View Post
        Why do you hate freedom? It might not have been the smartest thing considering what has happened recently, but it if wasn't illegal, why should he lose his firearms because it hurt your feelings?
        But it probably was illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
          Especially when we call each other DA for carrying in a legal manner (open carry).

If you don’t want to open carry, then don’t. It’s really that simple.

Again, OC for defense, as tactically unwise as it is, and making a threatening display and brandishing are two very different concepts.

Comment

This is like yelling fire in a theater, free speech issue. I think he had intent to cause threat or panic that is why he was videoing the event. Had he done the exact same thing without the videoing it would have been much harder to prove.

Comment

If this guy did what I have read in the news reports, I don’t see how anyone can defend him.

Right to carry a gun? Sure.

Right to intentionally cause a panic? Absolutely not.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                This is like yelling fire in a theater, free speech issue.
                Excellent point. I hadn't thought of it that way.

I'm on the "just because you can doesn't mean you should" team.

Comment

Originally posted by Diamond07 View Post
                  If someone walked into a public place with a loaded weapon, I probably wouldn’t give them an opportunity to stand down.. especially if I am with my family.

What does that mean?

Most every time I walk into a public place I'm carrying a loaded weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                    Again, OC for defense, as tactically unwise as it is, and making a threatening display and brandishing are two very different concepts.

I disagree with the first part of your statement and agree with the second part.

Comment

My feelings aren’t hurt. But some people just shouldn’t. And he shouldn’t. People that lack common sense should lose certain privileges.

Comment

Originally posted by 4wheels View Post
                        I think these young punks are antifa and democrats that are throwing their lives away to take away our guns.. Add more gun laws, kill the 2nd amendment.
                        Yep

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                          My feelings aren’t hurt. But some people just shouldn’t. And he shouldn’t. People that lack common sense should lose certain privileges.

We are not discussing "privileges". We are discussing rights.

Comment

Originally posted by Diamond07 View Post
                            If someone walked into a public place with a loaded weapon, I probably wouldn’t give them an opportunity to stand down.. especially if I am with my family.

Enjoy prison.

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
                              We are not discussing "privileges". We are discussing rights.

The fact that you are trying to argue in favor of this guy in this situation is beyond me.... take your tin foil hat off and use some common sense and quit being paranoid...

Comment

There’s no privilege in the 2a. I mean, just because you’re saying something stupid that I don’t agree with, should I be advocating for you to lose your freedom of speech or the press?

Comment

Working...
                                X