Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011 F250 or newer cab mounts falling apart!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have any of you had this happen? I have owned trucks all my life and have never had this happen. If so, what did you replace them with? Did you install them or have it done? How difficult of a project was it?

I love the truck, but dang the number of things that are common problems: oil pan drain plug, cold side turbo cooler pipe, coolant line leading to the turbo, and now this...

This isn’t just in the 11-16s. My dads 06 did it. Unless you have a way to lift the cab or bed you will have to pay to get it fixed.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

can you explain what's happening and how it affects the truck? My 2015 F250 has rubbed at the lower driver side door jam, but Ford didn't find anything wrong. Hinges are good, so wondering if this is related.

Comment

My dads 2013 did the same thing. Passenger side rear cab mount totally broke apart. Same for the bushings on the exhaust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I just had to replace all of them in my 2012 f250 - there was almost nothing left of them. No way for me to lift the truck, so I had it done at a shop.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
            can you explain what's happening and how it affects the truck? My 2015 F250 has rubbed at the lower driver side door jam, but Ford didn't find anything wrong. Hinges are good, so wondering if this is related.

He’s referring to the spacer between the frame and the bottom of your cab. They wear out periodically and have to be replaced. It will sound like your cab is bouncing off the frame, cause it is. Poor design by Ford.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

A couple months ago I replaced the cab mounts on my 06. Ford, in an attempt to reduce cab noise, used foam cab mounts that over time will deteriorate. Best indication is the creases at the rear of the cab to bed out of line. I used a kit- Energy Suspension 4.4120G BODY MOUNT SET that I purchased from Amazon.

On my 06, the very front mount by the radiator is the old rubber style and really didn't need replaced. The mount under the driver and passenger feet are foam and the drivers side was shot. The mounts under the back seat passenger feet are rubber and they were still good. Main culprit were the very rear cab mounts, they are foam and one was completely gone.

It wasn't too bad, on a crew cab there are 4 mounts per side. You will need to remove the rear seat or cut a slit in the carpet to access one of the bolts, I removed the seat. I have heard on the newer trucks the bolts are under the truck rather than through the cab. There is also information that if your bolts go up into the cab from the frame, do not use an impact wrench as you will strip the clips in the cab.

You have to disconnect your the steering column from the steering gear. You may also need to remove the front bumper to access the rubber pad inside the frame, I didn't. A couple hydraulic jacks and blocks of wood to distribute the cab weight. You only need to jack it up a couple of inches.

You will need to reuse parts of your old mounts.

Pic of removed mounts.
              Attached Files

Comment

I just replaced mine in my 2008 f250. There was a bunch of conflicting stories on what did and did not work for my truck so I went back with Ford parts.

Comment

Body mounts

Been there and bought the t-shirt.
                  The answers you seek are in that thread. I’m 00buck over there btw.

I pulled it off twice, as you’ll read there^.
                  I was careful and didn’t have to remove rear seats or disconnected anything on the front end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by DaveC; 07-13-2019, 06:35 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the reply’s. I have also heard conflicting stories on which mounts to go back with.

Comment

I just saw S&B just put out a kit that looks pretty nice.

Comment

Common problem on the Super Duty’s. I drove an 06 for years and had to do them after nearly 200k. I have a 15 now and I’m sure I’ll have to do them at some point.

Still better than driving a Chevy.

Comment

Working...
                        X