Any Banjo players?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Banjo players?

How did you learn to play? I found some instructional videos on youtube.

I play a little...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	B0BD1419-7ECB-4E15-B718-240B110D0C24.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	24567594

Like banjo? Go see Greensky Bluegrass live.

Comment

The perfect musical note is described as the sound a banjo makes when hitting a bag pipe in the dumpster.

Comment

Everybody hating on the banjo... I've always wanted to learn.

Comment

I'm a bluegrass fanatic... bought me a banjo, tried o learn... being left handed and playing instruments right handed, it proved a no-go for me...

Comment

Originally posted by 10132297 View Post
              How did you learn to play? I found some instructional videos on youtube.
              Since I was 18 years old. Lessons for a year with one player and moved to a more advanced teacher for a second year. Tablature at first, then simply duplicating available records at the time. Don’t pick much anymore, but still have my ‘79 Stelling Gospel. Was going to sell it, but couldn’t bring myself to part with it. Pull it out occasionally.

Comment

I only play it when my cousin comes over to get her in the mood.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Whiskers View Post
                  I only play it when my cousin comes over to get her in the mood.
                  Lmao!!! Can’t believe this is the only one. I was gonna say “heck yea I play but my sisterwife is pregnant again so it’s been a while.”

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                    Since I was 18 years old. Lessons for a year with one player and moved to a more advanced teacher for a second year. Tablature at first, then simply duplicating available records at the time. Don’t pick much anymore, but still have my ‘79 Stelling Gospel. Was going to sell it, but couldn’t bring myself to part with it. Pull it out occasionally.
                    Mine is a cheap Rogue 5 string that has been in my game room untouched for around five years. So I figured either learn it or get rid of it...i learned how to play harmonica years ago and make money playing gospel and old western ballads on hunting trips..they pay me to stop playing it...

Comment

Originally posted by 10132297 View Post
                      Mine is a cheap Rogue 5 string that has been in my game room untouched for around five years. So I figured either learn it or get rid of it...i learned how to play harmonica years ago and make money playing gospel and old western ballads on hunting trips..they pay me to stop playing it...
                      I learned on that exact banjo haha! No tips, just practice. I'm one step above garbage when it comes to the banjo. Hardest instrument to play in my collection.

Comment

Originally posted by Jared.King View Post
                        I learned on that exact banjo haha! No tips, just practice. I'm one step above garbage when it comes to the banjo. Hardest instrument to play in my collection.
                        I learned harmonica using the diatonic scale and then by just listening to the songs, because I did not want to learn to read sheet music. However it looks like I am going to have to learn chords and things...

Comment

Tony Ullrich in Houston is who I went to. 2818076355

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                            I play a little...

Well you know a Alabama fan would know how to play it 😜😂

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                              Well you know a Alabama fan would know how to play it [emoji12][emoji23]
                              Yee yee...Roll Tide![emoji3]

Comment

Working...
                              X