Official Lake Whintney and Aquilla 2016-2017 hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
    I tried calling the corp office a week ago to ask about camping at Steele Creek Park. Apparently they're waiting on a contractor to finish repairs, but they do intend to open it up at some point.

I hope you fellas have a great season! I lucked out and got drawn elsewhere.
    There was a skid loader with a grappler attachment setting at the gate this morning. I think they may be getting ready to clean it up. I hope.

Comment

Originally posted by coop View Post
      There was a skid loader with a grappler attachment setting at the gate this morning. I think they may be getting ready to clean it up. I hope.
      Man, I'm ready to fish both sides and all around that peninsula of a park.

Comment

I just want the creek side boat ramp by hunting season I found a pretty nice spot last year and never got to hunt it. Want to make sure to get a chance this year

Comment

Any idea on number of permits issued so far?

Comment

I was almost 350 when I printed mine out this week. Aug is always slow. Then it starts to ramp up mid Sept. And continues through Dec.

Comment

Number 488 for me. And Plowman is scheduled to open in April is what they told me .

Comment

That stinks. I love camping at plowman. Been going there since I was a kid. Was hoping to camp there this fall.

Comment

Yep I kinda peferr Plowman myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
                    Number 488 for me. And Plowman is scheduled to open in April is what they told me .
                    Lol April? So they'll open it just in time for the next round of spring floods

Comment

Originally posted by Ender View Post
                      Lol April? So they'll open it just in time for the next round of spring floods
                      That's what I told them.

Comment

Doing another boat mod today. Building a troller platform/mount on the little short front deck. So I can put a foot controlled troller on it while fishing. Just need to fab a rear cover plate, paint, and plug installed on the cover plate. And it will be ready for another troller. Then I can move the transom mount troller back to the transom .

Anybody seen the Ulterra trollers by Minn Kota? Wish they made a 12 volt system like that.

And glad August temps are back down to normal. Now that I've got a little bit of time on my hands, I might get down to the lake a little more.

Comment

Looks like the first half of the season is a no go for me.

My lovely and talented wife is scheduled for surgery September 29.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
                            Looks like the first half of the season is a no go for me.

My lovely and talented wife is scheduled for surgery September 29.
                            There's still the other half. And the rest of the year for other game.

I'm die-n to get these new Monster Noodle rigs in the water. Their sit-n here stair-n at me every day . Brings my jug-line count up to somewhere around 65 or so.
                            Come on cooler weather!

Comment

Great seeing KenntB today and hopefully finding him a spit for his first deer.

Comment

I'll be picking up my permit tomorrow morning, can't wait till the season starts. I plan on camping at Kimble Bend.

Comment

Working...
                                X