Chester and counting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chester and counting

Only 12 days to Chester 30 years and still trying hard to be the best. Hill Country keeps raising the bar on us.

RV spots are full-if you need a spot you can contact Chester RV just down the road.

Bunkhouses are nearly full, but we have beds available, contact me to reserve you one.
    Cafeteria will be ready to serve you good food on site.

16 vendors: Bows, strings, arrows, leather goods, supplies, and ladies (Nan's favorite)! Her and Cam have become very good friends the last couple of years.

Saturday Night: We will have the Waller Family singing in the Chapel from approximately 6:30 - 7:30pm. They offer a little Gospel and Blue Grass.
    Love offering will be accepted afterward. Everyone invited to stick around afterward to fellowship and maybe bring your own instrument(s) for a little picking and grinning.

40 targets, 2 courses of 20. Two moving targets (reminds me to spray the wheels so they don't slow down)

Hope to see everyone, help us make this a great 30th year for the
    Glenn Parker Annual Stick Bow Round Up
    Any questions please get in touch with me. email is the easiest
    bdecker@nederlandisd.org

I can't wait!

See ya in 12 days Bill!

Bisch

PS - I sent you an email, Bill!
    Last edited by Bisch; 05-02-2016, 04:13 PM.

Comment

I'll be there with bells on

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

I'll be there.
        First year for me

Ron

Comment

Sent mine in today. Shooting four rounds so make the trails easy for this 57 year old guy.

Comment

Will be at the camp this weekend, working on the course, getting ready, taking things that are needed up there for the shoot.
            Will post course conditions (wet, muddy, dry, etc) sometime next week.

Comment

Do you all know what vendors will be there? So I can bring my hard earned money

Comment

Wanted to go but work wise not possible, good luck hope it's a good turn out.

Comment

vendor count is now at 17
                  Arrow vendors 3
                  Bowmakers 2, hoping for one more
                  Supplies 2
                  Leather goods 2
                  Misc ?
                  Ladies appeal 3 maybe 4

Comment

I'm planning to be there!

Comment

Bill, been slacking on getting a check out. What day are you leaving to head up? I can send it out Monday. Plan on tent camping Saturday, does it help to include the amount on the check?

Comment

As of Sunday we have 20 vendors signed up to come.
                        Course B is in great shape
                        Course A is in not so great shape, a lot of water running out of the springs, causing some areas to be wet, but not to bad. Also the amount of rain has caused some pretty good wash outs that will be tended to this week.
                        Forcast is for scattered thunderstorms on Monday and Thursday with partly cloudy weather this weekend with highs in the upper 80's.
                        I will be headed up Thursday after school, with Nan coming up Friday morning.
                        Last minute pre-registrations need to be received by Thursday as our mail man comes late in the afternoon.
                        See you this weekend, looking forward to a great course, weather, and turn out.

Comment

I need to get back to shooting my longbow again. Yours and the hill country shoot were the best. I have met some great folks at Chester. Wish I could just come out and chat but I'm working this weekend.

Good luck to everyone

Comment

Thanks for the update Bill. Really looking forward to it!

Comment

Thanks Wil Taylor, this will be the 30th year for Stick Bow Round Up
                              we have made some mistakes and hopefully over the years we have learned from them.
                              I have had the pleasure to watch young kids grow into adults, some now with their own kids. It is a great place to come to and have fun with your kids and some of the best people around.

Sadly, we have also lost many to sickness, old age, and cancer. Those are the ones we miss the most.
                              Some we have lost because they got crossways with me, one of the workers (who are all volunteer except the food staff), or with another shooter which I regret, because they are all good people, just we did not see eye to eye on something. I still consider them friends and have learned over the years that they just might have had a good point.

Hill Country had 575 scorecards!!! They have set the bar! Hoping everyone comes out and help us break this record.

Comment

Working...
                              X