Atv registration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atv registration

Do you have to go to a tax office in the county where you live to title an ATV? Harris county is a joke right now. Tomball is a 2 hour wait every time I have considered going. Cypresswood and Clay are showing closed, I presume from Harvey. Just wondering if I can try another county.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've always gone to my local tax office but have heard you can go to others. not sure how true it is. I never register my ATVs anymore, in the rare case one actually comes with a title

Comment

Since. Your not registering it only title any county should work

Comment

Cypresswood got 2 feet of water in it and was supposed to open this week. Inspectors found mold. I have no news for clay rd.

And FTR, Ive had/have titles for every ATV Ive ever owned and never registered one whether bought new or used

Comment

Never registered mine. I thought the state dropped that awhile back.

Comment

I think depends on age. Most back then didn't come with titles until like 2009

Comment

Atv registration

Originally posted by scott.str View Post

I have a title for my 2006 model.
              I've never even heard of being required to register an ATV. Why would there be a need to do so?

Doesn't look to be required in Texas!(DMV.ORG)
              Last edited by psicoo; 02-09-2018, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by psicoo View Post
                I have a title for my 2006 model.
                I've never even heard of being required to register an ATV. Why would there be a need to do so?
                I think if you were going to drive it on public land/trail. If you are just using it on your land or private property there is no need.. That's my understanding.

Comment

Originally posted by TXBowhunter11 View Post
                  I think if you were going to drive it on public land/trail. If you are just using it on your land or private property there is no need.. That's my understanding.
                  Correct. Went to Quitaque last year and was told any vehicle driven within the state park had to be registered and have a visible sticker. Wasted a lot of gas hauling a 4 wheeler and mule just to have them sit on the trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by CaprockRoamer View Post
                    Correct. Went to Quitaque last year and was told any vehicle driven within the state park had to be registered and have a visible sticker. Wasted a lot of gas hauling a 4 wheeler and mule just to have them sit on the trailer.

Interesting, a sticker as in a state registration sticker that is renewed annually? (Like on a trailer?)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

To be operated on public property, ATVs must have:
                      a brake system,
                      a muffler system,
                      a United States Forest Service qualified spark arrester,
                      head and tail light, and.
                      an Off Highway Vehicle decal issued by the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                        To be operated on public property, ATVs must have:

a brake system,

a muffler system,

a United States Forest Service qualified spark arrester,

head and tail light, and.

an Off Highway Vehicle decal issued by the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department.

And on private property the same ATV can be operated with just 5 beers

Comment

If you choose to insure it, having it registered in your name is a must.

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                            And on private property the same ATV can be operated with just 5 beers

That's what I'm talking about!

Comment

Originally posted by scott.str View Post
                              I still have the title on the 2001 that burnt up in a fire several years ago

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
                              If you choose to insure it, having it registered in your name is a must.
                              I have a policy with progressive on my ranger and a honda 4-wheeler and neither have registration. Insurance has the VINS and thats it

Comment

Working...
                              X