Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you travel on beach vacations with your camera gear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you travel on beach vacations with your camera gear?

We are heading to the Bahamas in June and want to take a lot of pictures, but usually leave my DSLR at the house on some trips. We are going by boat to some of the remote beaches and swim with the pigs, so curious what others have done to protect their gear but still get good pictures.

Thanks for any help.

When I have taken mine to the beach, especially salt water, I keep my camera in the bag until I shoot and then place it back in the bag. At the end of the day I wipe the camera body down with a lightly damp towel and then clean the lens filter separately.
    Your D810 is sealed meaning all of the openings like your battery and card slots have rubber gaskets.
    Salt water is not your friend but if you wipe your body, lens and camera down each day and keep your camera in your bag unless you are shooting you will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
      When I have taken mine to the beach, especially salt water, I keep my camera in the bag until I shoot and then place it back in the bag. At the end of the day I wipe the camera body down with a lightly damp towel and then clean the lens filter separately.
      Your D810 is sealed meaning all of the openings like your battery and card slots have rubber gaskets.
      Salt water is not your friend but if you wipe your body, lens and camera down each day and keep your camera in your bag unless you are shooting you will be fine.
      Great tip, thanks for that. From the research I've done the other big item is to avoid, or at least minimize, lens changes.

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
        Great tip, thanks for that. From the research I've done the other big item is to avoid, or at least minimize, lens changes.
        Yes, you will definitely want to be aware of where you change your lenses. Definitely do not want salt and sand spray going on during that time!

Comment

Working...
        X