A Yukon’s first blood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Yukon’s first blood

I visited with Bob last week and acquired a 38@28 Sarrels Yukon longbow. I came home today to find an little armadillo digging around my orchard drip irrigation. I stalked it to about 15 yds and shot low. It scampered off into its rocky burrow on three legs and not four. Good practice...good riddance...I hope.
    Last edited by Briar Friar; 01-26-2021, 09:15 AM.

Nice shooting! Too bad he got away. Nothing like some chicken fried armadillo!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Comment

I hate those buggars. I live in the country too and they are always digging in my yard. A 9 MM to the head usually takes care of that.

Comment

Good to see you're back shooting!

Sidenote: if you do actually kill one of those armadillos, prolly wanna handle with care as they are known to carry leprosy.

Comment

Thanks TT. Taking it easy. I was worried about my new pup trailing it bc of leprosy. Thanks for the warning.

Cody...Ive never heard of chicken fried armadillo. That Guy Clark song of Texas Cookin and armadillo tasting like pie kept coming to mind....but then Leprosy kept overruling that fun thought.

Splitfinger...my 9mm was handy but just not as fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
            Thanks TT. Taking it easy. I was worried about my new pup trailing it bc of leprosy. Thanks for the warning.

Cody...Ive never heard of chicken fried armadillo. That Guy Clark song of Texas Cookin and armadillo tasting like pie kept coming to mind....but then Leprosy kept overruling that fun thought.

Splitfinger...my 9mm was handy but just not as fun.
            Mmmm....think about topped with that lemon flavored honey you got!

Comment

Originally posted by cbc0905 View Post
              Mmmm....think about topped with that lemon flavored honey you got!

Not gonna lie...that doesnt sound tasty

Bow shoots whisper quiet. Bob help me arrow tune a bit. Im shootin a 463gr arrow...roughly 11-12gpp. Im hoping its not too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                Not gonna lie...that doesnt sound tasty

Bow shoots whisper quiet. Bob help me arrow tune a bit. Im shootin a 463gr arrow...roughly 11-12gpp. Im hoping its not too much.
                If the bowyer helped you're probably on the right track.

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
                  If the bowyer helped you're probably on the right track.
                  We took the nock kick out. The further I shoot I see a slight barrel roll to the left even though shooting flemish loose right handed and fletched right. Im wondering if Im dragging a finger. Im gonna try to make some time for paper tuning tomorrow.

I hope you got your wandering anchor figured. The squirrels are calling.

God bless!

Comment

Just be glad you got your arrow back. I have lost a couple to those critters. Got where I don't bother any more. Just let them shuffle through.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Diller Killer!

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                        Diller Killer!
                        I like it! I believe you have christened my bow. As of last week...we had two bloodied dillers under our belt. Tough litter critters.

Comment

Working...
                        X