Tundra Rat Chewed Electrical Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tundra Rat Chewed Electrical Question

Deer lease rats chewed through this wire right at the plug. I "BELIEVE" this controls the tilt control of the beams as everything else seems to be working.

There is not enough left on the plug to splice it back together. Will they sell me a plug or am I gonna have to buy a new harness? I did not chase down where the wire goes It is three tiny wires. Is this going to cost me a bucket full if money to fix?Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374372282.950520.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	24975965

Sorry. Thought I was on the Campfire Side. Somethings Tapatalk will fool you.

Comment

Mike, get with Thorthunder. He is your man when it come to wiring harnesses.

Comment

Originally posted by rubydog View Post
        Mike, get with Thorthunder. He is your man when it come to wiring harnesses.
        ^^^^^

Comment

soldier and heat shrink

I could soldier the 2 wires I see

Comment

if you had to, you could probably shove a thicker piece of solid copper wire into each stub, solder each solid to the stub fray, then solder some leads off long enough to get back to where they are supposed to go...heat shrink or tape it all up...in a crunch that would work but it's a bunch of work...

Comment

I might have it in inventory. Would be free if I do. Pm me your phone number.
              Best I can tell there are 3 companies in the USA that sell pigtails and TBH members have a friend in the biz.

Comment

Yeah, they sell pigtails for just about everything. Usually a dealer item though. Unless ^ has one for you.

Comment

Thorthunder PM sent

Comment

Originally posted by M.E.B. View Post
                    Thorthunder PM sent
                    Nice to visit with you. We will handle it next week.............

Comment

Johnny "Thorthunder" was really quick and part is on its way. Thank you Johnny!

Comment

You are welcome.

Comment

Just switch out the pins in the connector. They are easy to remove . Put new pins in with longer wires to splice. Rats love Toyota wiring because the insulator has peanut oil in it.

Comment

Working...
                          X