No announcement yet.

Leveling Kit or Suspension Lift?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a 2010 Silverado and I put a 2.5 level on the front and I'm running 33s with very minimal rubbing at full lock on the a arms. Gonna swap the factory rear block for a 2 inch soon. But I'm really happy with mine like it is. Not too high to get the kiddo and coolers and such in the truck either

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

leveling kit and I would go 305's instead of 33's. More options, better price, virtually the same look.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Tires.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	24539367
      Last edited by Speedgoat; 05-14-2018, 02:45 AM.

Comment

Great advice from all of y’all. I like the 2.5” option and have 305/50/20’s on there now. Just dropping to 18” to see more tire and lil less rim. I like the 305/65/18 a lot tho. Thx guys

Comment

Not the best picture but here is mine worth 33s and the 2.5 front. Bed is pretty well loaded down in the picture but gives you an idea

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

^^ looks good.
            I just put a 2'' level on the front of my 2014, 1500 to make room for 285/65/18's BF Goodrich AT's.
            No complaints, and it got the clearance I was looking for, w/o making my truck look too much like a high school kids.

Comment

I have the leveling kit on my 13 GMC with 33/12.5/20 and love the look.

Comment

Pro: Looks good.

Con: Steeper drive angles, wear on front end, more expensive tires, more road noise, rougher ride, worse fuel mileage (If that is something that matters to you), more work for engine, worse acceleration, worse braking, with weight in back it sits too low, reduced hauling capacity, and costly to purchase.

But at least it looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                  Pro: Looks good.

Con: Steeper drive angles, wear on front end, more expensive tires, more road noise, rougher ride, worse fuel mileage (If that is something that matters to you), more work for engine, worse acceleration, worse braking, with weight in back it sits too low, reduced hauling capacity, and costly to purchase.

But at least it looks good.
                  Ahhhh but all of these are combatted by purchasing a quailty kit. All mid to high end kits fix these issues in one way or another. Road noise is all dependent on the tire choice and has nothig to do with the lift at all.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I put a 4" ready lift on my 14 and it's just right, not too high to go into parking garages and mostly don't bottom out in some of the places I go. It sets about the same height as a 2500 in fact most people think it is since I have the 6.5 foot bed. I did it myself and it took me about 12 hours but I have a shop with tools and work on mechanical equipment for a living.

Comment

just don't get a Skyjacker kit. I needed a part for mine and called them up and was pretty much told they don't sell parts to their kits, they only sell kits.

Comment

I have a 3 1/2 lift and run 35's on my 2012 GMC, no rubbing and rides good. If you do any offroading at all at the lease I would consider a true lift. It will come with all the skid plates and extra protection you might not think you need until a catastophy strikes lol

Comment

Originally posted by texasforever View Post
                          Ahhhh but all of these are combatted by purchasing a quailty kit. All mid to high end kits fix these issues in one way or another. Road noise is all dependent on the tire choice and has nothig to do with the lift at all.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                          Agree...Leveling Kit, a quality one, shouldn't affect ride. Noise comes from MT tires in my opinion. I'm going AT like Nitto Ridge Grapplers.
                          Last edited by mdnabors; 05-15-2018, 03:51 PM.

Comment

I put Boss Coilovers on my f150 on 35s and love it. The coilover set up is worth the extra couple hundred IMO. Paid 750ish for the front on sale from Stage3. Rides alot better than stock. My buddy just got 35s on the ridge grapplers and they look awesome and are quite.

Comment

Leveling kit!

Comment

I have a spacer up front now so truck is leveled. Anyone know if I can go 33’s as it is now or if I need a little more height?

2012 Silverado LTZ Crew 6.2L short bed (currently on 305/50/20 Tires)

Comment

Working...
                                X