X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tagged

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
      I'm assuming the fingerprint requirement is specific to the LTC? What I'm really asking is I've had this done many times as an LEO, Medic, Realtor so obviously I'm known to the State. Guess I know the answer....do it again but thought I would ask in case anyone is in the know? Always like to save a few $$.

I think you still have to, but I could be wrong. Once you submit your application you will get a link to schedule your prints. Mine was $10.

Comment

hmmmmm......

Comment

Just a response...Ken has immediately addressed all my questions and his company is definitely my choice. I'll do the on-line and range qualification with him.

I don't know about you, but when I get responses per my OCD requirements, that speaks for itself in my book!

Thanks for the recommendations and I have done a LOT of research and this appears to be the BEST choice particularly for one who has "been there and done that." Oh, Johnny my friend, contact him if you are seeking basically the same "no nonsense" method....he's sold me!

Comment

That's good to read. I went down the list of online classes that DPS has on the site and Ken was the best for me as well. When I paid he got me the link for the class quickly and when I took my exam he got me the 101 that day and it was outside normal business hours. I am too far from him to shoot with him, so I did that with a local instructor that hasn't started online yet. I was his first shooter that did the course online.

Comment

I have never done an online course but it does sound attractive. I have had my CHL and now LTC for almost 18 years.

My wife and cousin needed the course the last time I needed a renewal and I found a local guy that came to my house providing private instruction. We all then met up at the local range to shoot. This was the best experience I have ever had. He really drove home some important issues that new LTC folks may not have thought about.

If you are around Houston and want the private, in home, type of instruction look up Craig at FiveOCHL.

Comment

Any updated information in this regard?

Comment

Originally posted by martinLam View Post
                  Any updated information in this regard?
                  Did you even read the responses? This thread is full of current information .

Comment

I did LTC class on Sat. May 26th with my son , finger prints on Monday on way home. Turned in all paperwork online and LTC showed up in mail June 8th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I hate clicking through online courses, but if that floats you boat the online LTC might be the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
                        I hate clicking through online courses, but if that floats you boat the online LTC might be the way to go.
                        I am a fast reader and hate sitting in a class waiting for an instructor to move on so they are great for me. I can see why many people dislike them though. I just like moving at my own pace. But luckily having the two options (online and classroom) means everybody can find what works for them.

Comment

Working...
                        X