No announcement yet.

Qad Ultra Rest vs WB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

too bad . . . again thread full of opinions and misinformation without use. i can assure you a properly installed drop away will perform well. if you hear of one that had a cord move or fletching contact that would qualify as being improperly installed

btw I think the wb is a great option just think you need to answer the questions for yourself

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
      qad, is the way to go. the wb is solid but unless you shoot hanging up side down like a opossum the full containment thing is just s gimmick. i'm not saying a wb is no good because it certainly is; however, it's selling point is just a fallacy. the qad is a more accurate rest and every bit as dependable as a wb
      Not really a gimmick. Bow hunting is full of them but the wb isn't one of them. I can and have drawn my bow sideways to try to not show as much movement. It works for me so I am happy with it.

I carry an extra wb on longer hunts that all I need to do is screw it on and it is ready to go. No strings to mess with.

And, no, we don't shoot while hanging upside down but I could if I had to
      Want to play a game of H O R S E with bows? Guess what shot I will try 1st

Comment

Originally posted by BIG IRON View Post
        And, no, we don't shoot while hanging upside down but I could if I had to
        Want to play a game of H O R S E with bows? Guess what shot I will try 1st
        Now, that's funny

Comment

Originally posted by TXBlkCld View Post
          To each his own but I used to shoot the whisker biscuit and "fletching contact" IS the reason I went to the QAD and I won't go back. Besides, I shoot FOBs as well and you can't do that with the WB

Eternally in His grip
          I have to agree with this. I always found myself in an odd situation attempting to draw my bow, and had the dang arrow fall off of my BowDoodle for the last time many years ago. I bought a Whisker Biscuit and shot it for a while, and many said it won't booger up your vanes. But, all of my vanes were boogered up in no time. I switched the bisuit out with another hoping it would help, but it was just as bad. I sold it and bought a RipCord, and I really liked that rest. Went to a QAD with my latest bow and I won't bother with another rest. Timing? Maybe the guys that set mine up did it right, but I've never adjusted it once, and my XLR8 will throw arrows at 340 fps all day long.

If you're doing something that hangs your timing cord up on brush the chances of you shooting a bow isn't real good in the first place. You're going to be hanging all kinds of stuff up including your string, and that's not healthy. I tend to keep my whole bow a little more clear of brush than that.

And, no, you don't have to readjust the cord every time you move the rest.

Comment

I have the qad hd and i like it, no complaints. Your going to hear good and bad about both. It all depends on what you like. Try the qad for a year, if you dont like it go back to wb.

Comment

The wisker bisket was good in it's time but you can't beet a fall away rest.

Comment

Originally posted by medic511 View Post
                when was its time I shoot one still

Comment

The only issues I have every had with a QAD has been the bow tech that installed it. It is hard to find good help. Once you do try to hang on to that relationship.

Comment

I love my QAD rest.

Comment

Originally posted by medic511 View Post
                      My Biscuit beats fall-aways regularly! LOL!They are both great rest I just prefer the simplicity of the Biscuit!Plus, I like to see the look on peoples faces who dont bowhunt when you say "Whisker Biscuit"!
                      Last edited by ShaBow; 11-08-2011, 02:52 PM.

Comment

I'll eat my words...

Originally posted by txdukklr View Post
                        too bad . . . again thread full of opinions and misinformation without use. i can assure you a properly installed drop away will perform well. if you hear of one that had a cord move or fletching contact that would qualify as being improperly installed

btw I think the wb is a great option just think you need to answer the questions for yourself

After this thread I decided since it's gun season I would play with my bow during the week.

I shoot a bowtech admiral.

I took my buiscuit off and put on the qad. This rest was on there originally an have made no adjustments to it.

I noticed that the prongs were hitting the riser and not coming all the way down. This can cause bounce back because the LD feature is never engaged.

Then I did some reading on better ways to set up the timing cord. The 'tech' never served the cord to the cable. He just relied on the cable clamp. These things apparently move on occasion.

So I set the bow up myself. Adjusted center shot, walk back and broadhead tuned. Then I served the timin cord in.

I have tested the reliability of a served in timing cord. I purposely snagged it on limbs, hung the bow on this cord over night, and yanke on it hard. So far the timing cable has not come untimed. Almost a non issue.

Accurracy vs the wb.

I have shot equally good groups with the wb as I have with the qad. However, the average group with the qad is less than half the size of a wb. Average 30 yard group with a wb was about 3.5-4.5 inches for a 5 arrow group. A qad averages currently 1.5-2.5 inches.

Does this mean a wb is LESS accurate than a qad? NO! It means I am not a machine and not the best shot with a bow. But it does mean that the qad is more forgiving for an AVERAGE shooter.

The wb maintains contact with the shaft the entire time with the shaft. With a bow like the admiral that has a string stop, the bow recoils back to the shooter. This happens the instant the string connects with the string stop. So the bow is recoils back as the arrow is still incontact with the rest. This can be a problem.

So redoing the cost of a possible timing cord failure vs the increase forgivingness of a qad, I think I'm leaving the qad on the rest for a while.

Comment

Only shooting for a couple months now, have tried QAD, Octane and now the WB. So far WB has been my favorite. Thanks for all the responses to this post I feel better about my decision.

Comment

Working...
                          X