Vortex Razor Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vortex Razor Question

Looking for a spotting scope. Here in Texas weight isn’t an issue, but going out west in the future weight will be a concern. Looking at a Razor spotting scope and torn between the 11-33x or the 20-60x. Is the 60x even practical?

Absolutely. My buddy runs the 85. We call it the hubble. He backpacks it in many miles on our hunts. I personally would not even consider less than a 60. I have 15x56 kaibabs that can mop up anything a 60 is overkill for.

Comment

Originally posted by LeanMachine View Post
      Absolutely. My buddy runs the 85. We call it the hubble. He backpacks it in many miles on our hunts. I personally would not even consider less than a 60. I have 15x56 kaibabs that can mop up anything a 60 is overkill for.
      I think he is referring to the maximum power and not objective size.

OP, there are very few instance where you can get a good picture at 60x zoom. I would get a 65mm scope to get the best of both worlds. The new Razors are 22-48x. An 85mm is too big to lug around the hills and while the mini razor is great for the mountains, it's lacking in power and clarity compared to the 65mm

Comment

I believe Mr Lean is also referring to maximum power

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
          I believe Mr Lean is also referring to maximum power
          who makes an 85x spotter?

Comment

Working...
          X