My LG Front Loading Dryer bit the dust :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My LG Front Loading Dryer bit the dust :(

So I threw my shoes in the dryer with some other stuff, and started it up, a few seconds later it shut itself off?

I checked breaker, then connection at the wall, then YouTube tips on resetting the system ...nothing!

So I had to pull it apart, even tho they are stacked up on the washer. Move the game freezer out of the way. I traced the wires and checked it with a multimeter, all was groovy, which meant the board.

When I pulled the board it was burned/discolored at one of the terminals.

Long story short. an hour of moving appliances and diag time got this figured out for $141 ordering a new board off the web.

anyhow. not the way I wanted to start my turkeyday celebrations and black Friday spending.

Heres a video I made showing what im talking about. enjoy.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
    I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

If you can solder, try just soldering back the connection that looks a little burned. Did this on mine last week and its 100% again.

Comment

Oh the drama

Comment

I can solder but the board is actually like 1/4" thk of gelled potting glue to seal the board, also the bus bar looks toasted too

Comment

I bought a new refrigerator a couple of years ago. Did a lot of research. Appliance techs recommend not buying microprocessor controlled appliances, unless you want to help them pay for their kids college. They said most are guaranteed to have a board failure within 5 years.

Comment

geez... Im glad we got 7 years out of ours

im glad I know enough to check things before calling the professionals... could have been 500 bux

Comment

Ouch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
              X