Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Who Else Is Paying $1000/month For Health Insurance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wife and I pay $1700.00 per month with $7500.00 deductible. Congress really messed up healthcare. 2500 pages for a healthcare bill that they didn't even read before it was passed. All of Congress needs to be voted out and replaced with people that will do what's right for America and not their pocket. Term limits sounds better all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by TKK View Post
      I understand but hope you realize the risk you are taking. I am in the health business and have seen claims run easily over a million - not all that uncommon. One illness/accident/rehab stint and it could bankrupt you.

Rather than go bare I would find a very high deductible plan so at least you have a backstop
      I hunted with two brothers who don't believe in health insurance or birth control
      And are baby daddy's to like 5 kids they will spend $25000 a year each on protein and another $14000 on the lease this year , but think it will never catch up with them ? Their logic just baffles my brain " the things people do to kill big deer "
      Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 11-22-2017, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
        Wife and I both mid 50s, $1074/month with $3500 deductible and out of pocket is $6500 then it goes to 100% payment of bills. We are both very healthy, we eat right and exercise regulary. So ecentially we pay $16500 this year before insurance pays a nickel. I too have great maternity benefits. That really helps being a guy and having a wife that has gone through menopause many moons ago.
        My mistake that was our old rate.....current rate is $1180/month.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
          Nope. $0 per month....no insurance. It's an absolute racket. @$1000 per month with $7000 deductable that's 19k per year! That pays lots of medical bills.
          Yup this right here cheaper to pay penalty and pay out of pocket

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
            Nope. $0 per month....no insurance. It's an absolute racket. @$1000 per month with $7000 deductable that's 19k per year! That pays lots of medical bills.
            Breast cancer and brain tumor in our family. The icing is a 5 year old child's broken jaw and plastic surgery on the lower lip. All within 3 years.

Does that possibility factor in the money savings?

The brain tumor alone was over $146k for the 2 weeks. Doesn't count the previous or follow-up exams.

Comment

1500 a month for wife and daughter.

Comment

$880/mo for family. $3k deductible.

Luckily my employer pays 50%

Comment

Sorry for y’all.

$270 a month for me and wife, $350 deductible, $1850 max out of pocket including vision and dental with generic drugs free.

Next year will probably be a high deductible but premiums will be about half of what they are now. If they put $2000 seed money in a HSA and I add the difference from the premium savings we should be OK. Otherwise life insurance is the only option...

Comment

Some of yalls premiums are insane.

My family policy for me, wife, and son is $430/month. And that includes dental, vision, medical, and additional life insurance. $35 copay, $1000 per person deductible, $2500 out of pocket.
                    All through BCBS
                    Of course i had to get a physical and lipid panel to qualify for lower premium

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                      But look on the bright side. You can keep your doctor AND you're helping insure those who won't do it for themselves.

And that is a large part of the problem!

I pay $600 give or take a month on a high deductible plan for just me. My wife has the kids and her on her insurance not sure what that is a month. My work pays a lot of mine as does hers. Things need to change another 3 or 4 years and no one will be able to afford health insurance. When its more than your mortgage there's a huge problem!
                      Last edited by jaytx; 11-22-2017, 06:50 PM.

Comment

My work pays 100% of mine. Sad for a lot of you guys that have it way harder than me.

Comment

Originally posted by joel45acp View Post
                          My work pays 100% of mine. Sad for a lot of you guys that have it way harder than me.

X2
                          Sucks to read how much some have to pay. This is one of the reasons I continue to work for the state.

Comment

Originally posted by slabnabbin View Post
                            X2
                            Sucks to read how much some have to pay. This is one of the reasons I continue to work for the state.

right there with you. I know ALOT of public service personnel who hate their jobs and ONLY stay because of the benefits.

Comment

Our insurance went down the tank this year. Company switched to high deductible health plan (HDHP). Cheapest option we have for myself and my wife is $600/month and $3200 deductible.

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
                                right there with you. I know ALOT of public service personnel who hate their jobs and ONLY stay because of the benefits.
                                Benefits are part of your compensation package " all work bits"
                                My wife hates her job and pay but loves the insurance

Comment

Working...
                                X