Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Who Else Is Paying $1000/month For Health Insurance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wish Trump would do an EO and put all government on ocrapacare. Bet the HI gets fixed really fast then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This post makes me DEPRESSED for sure

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
        This post makes me DEPRESSED for sure

It's making me sick, and I dang sure can't afford for that to happen!

Comment

Nope. $0 per month....no insurance. It's an absolute racket. @$1000 per month with $7000 deductable that's 19k per year! That pays lots of medical bills.

Comment

94$ month ~ :/ it pays to work in health care

Comment

Bags of chit in Washington set us all up with this mess. Sure wish people would vote them all out.

Comment

Wife and I both mid 50s, $1074/month with $3500 deductible and out of pocket is $6500 then it goes to 100% payment of bills. We are both very healthy, we eat right and exercise regulary. So ecentially we pay $16500 this year before insurance pays a nickel. I too have great maternity benefits. That really helps being a guy and having a wife that has gone through menopause many moons ago.

Comment

Wife and I are going to be just over $800 a month. I have the most basic plan with a high deductible can get and it’s $335. The remainder is for her plan. Being a type 1 diabetic, we go with the most beneficial plan we can afford for her. Also, we haven’t ever received a tax credit to speak of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just retired last February. Turned 64 in November and paying just over $900 a month for my wife and I I had to take my wife to the er 2 weeks ago and a person (being nice here) came in at the same time. Overheard checking him in that he had no insurance. After our visit we had to pay when we left and he rolled out right past us without paying a cent. That's why yours is high to pay for all the deadbeats that are capable of working. Get the government out of the business of health care or make the government representatives that are only representing themselves and not the people use the same plan as everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                      Nope. $0 per month....no insurance. It's an absolute racket. @$1000 per month with $7000 deductable that's 19k per year! That pays lots of medical bills.
                      I understand but hope you realize the risk you are taking. I am in the health business and have seen claims run easily over a million - not all that uncommon. One illness/accident/rehab stint and it could bankrupt you.

Rather than go bare I would find a very high deductible plan so at least you have a backstop

Comment

Dang it, my Dr told me " all those cigarettes,booze and drugs are going to catch up with you "
                        I thought he meant physically, not financially I didn't think it would be both

Just about the time I pay off my house , i guess I can start up my health insurance payments
                        Think god we bought and locked in our long term care insurance years ago " oh the golden years"
                        Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 11-22-2017, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Paying 3800 a quarter . Family of 4. Wife and I under 40

Comment

I think I pay about $100 a month, and max out my HSA on top of that. Out of curiousity, are most of you guys with crazy high rates self insured or with companies?

Comment

Sounds like we all "got to keep our plans".... when health insurance went from a 3-5 page application of questions to, a single question of: How much money do you make?

Comment

Galls me as well. Premiums go up and co-pays go up and deductibles go up. Our spineless republican leaders can't change it.

Comment

Working...
                                X