No announcement yet.

Live for the week in San Saba

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's very slow. Worst hunting of the year.

Comment

Congrats on finishing rookie school! Good luck on the weekend!

Comment

Good for you for taking a week off to go to the deer lease. Congrats on finishing fire school as well. Good luck this week out there. Do you think the rut has kicked off there yet?

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
          Good for you for taking a week off to go to the deer lease. Congrats on finishing fire school as well. Good luck this week out there. Do you think the rut has kicked off there yet?
          No sir. We had 40+ deer infront of us yesterday with 95% of them being does and the only thing around were 3 small forkhorns. They tried to push the does around a little bit, but any mature doe would put a stop to that as soon as they came up to her. Good news is, I’ll be on doe patrol here the next few days so there will be blood soon.

Comment

Congrats on the graduation!!
            Thanks for the updates. We will be up in SS tomorrow for the week.
            Good luck hunting!

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
              Congrats on the graduation!!
              Thanks for the updates. We will be up in SS tomorrow for the week.
              Good luck hunting!
              Scare something my way when you go. Good luck this week at your beautiful place. Has the Thousand Dollar tank dried up again yet?

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                Scare something my way when you go. Good luck this week at your beautiful place. Has the Thousand Dollar tank dried up again yet?
                Thanks! I'll try to run a few your way! Lol!
                Not sure on tank. It is on the neighbors. He had some work done to it last year.

Comment

Oddly, no rut activity yet this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                    Oddly, no rut activity yet this year.
                    Seems like some of our more mature bucks are just starting to think about it, but we shall see. Hopefully in the next few weeks it will kick off.

Comment

good luck congrats on kitty

Comment

Back in a tower blind. Wind is blowing pretty good. My dad was delivering some propane earlier and said the deer are up on their feet so let’s hope a “horney” one walks my way. See what I did there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck this afternoon.

Comment

Saw a real nice mature 10 chasing a doe today between my house and Wallace Creek.

Comment

Originally posted by shooter2007 View Post
                              Saw a real nice mature 10 chasing a doe today between my house and Wallace Creek.
                              Send him this way! So far I’ve killed half a dozen cough drops and that’s it.

Comment

It’s been pretty tough since that front blew in.

Comment

Working...
                                X