Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 Annual High School football playoff thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watching Pflugerville Hendrickson as they will play Austin Bowie Friday night.

Comment

NEDERLAND beat undefeated port neches and is playing Porter in Channelview.

Comment

Fossil Ridge in Keller... undefeated season!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
          Same team that put them out last year will probably be waiting
          Canadian here.... Gunter—- we see you 👌

Comment

Wall finished up an undefeated season.

Comment

Originally posted by Deathrow Jethro View Post
              I never understood this either. You would think that Angleton would get a closer game being as they DOMINATED all season.
              The reason they do this is availability of fields in the first round. There are so many teams playing in the first round that everybody finding a neutral stadium that is nice enough to play in is near impossible. Most of the nicer stadiums are larger schools, and those are the same fields that the small schools are wanting to play on. Its not too bad for small rural schools, but the problem is in the cities like Houston and Austin area etc. Our first playoff game is from the southwest Houston area, so trying to find a field in the middle can be a nightmare.

The rule is for 6a only. It states that for the first round, the game will be played at the higher seeding teams stadium unless they agree to play at a neutral site.

After the first round the teams are cut in half, so the problem finding fields is not near as bad. Hope that clarifies!

I Coach for Buna, we play East Chambers Friday night! Always a tough game and a well coached program. Go Cougars! Good luck to everyone else

Comment

My undefeated Tidehaven Tigers are playing Florence. My cousin is the AD. They're having a hell of a season.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                  My undefeated Tidehaven Tigers are playing Florence. My cousin is the AD. They're having a hell of a season.
                  Kinda weird that 2 years after the "sorry" coach left for West Columbia, Tidehaven is undefeated this season.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                    District 21-5A Champion New Caney Eagles taking on Vidor on Friday night at Galena Park Stadium.

Nice, i was wondering who they played.

I was happy to see they beat the brakes off Crosby for the district.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Woodlands back in again, go Highlanders

Comment

My old HS, Temple is the winner of 5A D1 in region 18 going against Corsicana, runner-up in Region 17 on the 17th. Go Wildcats!

Comment

Originally posted by Deathrow Jethro View Post
                          Kinda weird that 2 years after the "sorry" coach left for West Columbia, Tidehaven is undefeated this season.

My cousin is a great coach, and I don't think he'll last long at Tidehaven. He may stay, that's where he went to school also. He's had success everywhere he's been. He was at Louise before Tidehaven.

Comment

Wall will probably win the 3a crown.

Comment

Lexington Eagles are 10-0 headed into the playoffs. Play Wallis Brazos Friday night in Brenham.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My other cousin makes the highlight videos of the games at Tidehaven. Coach Lucio is my cousin and a **** good football coach. Turned this program around.

[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JNzghfMaRaU"]Tidehaven vs Boling 2017 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                                X