Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 Annual High School football playoff thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2017 Annual High School football playoff thread!

Who's school is in? Our's is, Angleton. District 27-5A champions, going undefeated for only the fourth time in school history. Bi-district game is Friday in San Antonio vs SA Highlands. My son is a backup utility offensive line player.

Last I checked, Angleton was ranked #5 or 6 in 5A statewide. I saw a stat yesterday- we allowed an average of 3.8 points per game. Had no games with over 7 points. On the offensive side, we averaged 51 PPG. Almost 300 rushing yards and 425 total yards per game.

I always thought that UIL playoff games were held on neutral fields? Makes no sense for one team to have to travel 4 hours, when the other is at their home stadium.

Wellington is in again n 2A, probably primed for another deep run in the playoffs. We play Shamrock this Thursday at Shamrock. Since they are only 26 miles away though, not really a neutral field in between us. No big deal though.

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
      Who's school is in? Our's is, Angleton. District 27-5A champions, going undefeated for only the fourth time in school history. Bi-district game is Friday in San Antonio vs SA Highlands. My son is a backup utility offensive line player.

Last I checked, Angleton was ranked #5 or 6 in 5A statewide. I saw a stat yesterday- we allowed an average of 3.8 points per game. Had no games with over 7 points. On the offensive side, we averaged 51 PPG. Almost 300 rushing yards and 425 total yards per game.

I always thought that UIL playoff games were held on neutral fields? Makes no sense for one team to have to travel 4 hours, when the other is at their home stadium.
      I never understood this either. You would think that Angleton would get a closer game being as they DOMINATED all season.

Comment

Following along with Canadian again this year, they may be a tough out in 3a

Comment

Originally posted by Deathrow Jethro View Post
          I never understood this either. You would think that Angleton would get a closer game being as they DOMINATED all season.
          If HC's can't agree on a neutral field, they will flip home and home

Comment

Bells is in against Windthorst on Thursday night. Don't know what to expect out of this one. Windthorst better hope they have a solid secondary. But if Windthorst has a good offense, it should be a good game.

Comment

District 21-5A Champion New Caney Eagles taking on Vidor on Friday night at Galena Park Stadium.

Comment

My alma mater, the legendary Allen High School looking to make a good run again. 4 time state champions since 2008, looking to "Drive for 5".
                Attached Files

Comment

franklin lions won district moving forward play Thursday nite Groesbeck goats
                  Last edited by barnett77859; 11-13-2017, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by klooney View Post
                    Following along with Canadian again this year, they may be a tough out in 3a
                    Same team that put them out last year will probably be waiting

Comment

Shepherd Plays Liberty @ Splendora Friday night.

We lost at Liberty back in September 35-12. Hopefully we can flip the table on them this time.

Comment

Aubrey is in, plays Canton Friday night in Mesquite.
                        Winner likely gets undefeated Pleasant Grove in the second round...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

rockwall found a way to make it with BAD defense, they get the woodlands saturday. heath also made it and will play lufkin. tough draws for both the local teams.

Comment

Allen plays Hebron

Comment

my son plays for Laporte and they made it with a win Friday

Comment

Working...
                              X