No announcement yet.

2017-2018 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bucks in Hardin Co are hard horned and bachelor groups are no more.
    Attached Files

Comment

Got back on a lease in Newton that I was on a couple years ago. Kept the lease in Jasper and will be hunting public land a few times in Angelina and possibly Sabine county.

Going this weekend to do work at the Newton lease.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
        I fertilized an area of white oaks...they are LOADED. Got a stand strategically placed.
        Now that is a novel idea!

Comment

Still have my target buck showing up. He's the only one with a drop tine I've seen on my place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
            Still have my target buck showing up. He's the only one with a drop tine I've seen on my place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            That's a cool looking deer!

Comment

Sure hope he don't get that drop tine hung up in those dang slinky's coils!!

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                I fertilized an area of white oaks...they are LOADED. Got a stand strategically placed.
                How did you fertilize them? I'm in again this year. On some good deer this year.

Comment

I'm in and it sure is going to be a good year, I have several shooters picked out, and several 4 & 5 year olds I hope make it through the season. I'm going to try and put one on the ground early and then focus on getting my granddad on one of the big shooters. He put me on a many of deer while I was growing up, so I figure its time for me to repay the favor and get him on one of these hard to hunt east Texas swamp donkeys. Marion, Smith, and Cass counties for me.

Comment

Originally posted by d_e_smith View Post
                    Yeah....no, I need to be somewhere else every minute I have to hunt.
                    someone (^^^^) bullied me out of the ETX thread before so I will just have to sit back and watch you boys again...good luck

Comment

I am on a new lease in Harrison county. So far we only have pics of doe but landowner says "Bucks everywhere".

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                        someone (^^^^) bullied me out of the ETX thread before so I will just have to sit back and watch you boys again...good luck
                        Produce a pine tree and you're good.

Comment

Originally posted by d_e_smith View Post
                          Yeah....no, I need to be somewhere else every minute I have to hunt.
                          Word.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearbarrow View Post
                            I am on a new lease in Harrison county. So far we only have pics of doe but landowner says "Bucks everywhere".
                            Just wait for it come Mid October you'll see the bucks on camera. They probably aren't bedding on the property. They really don't have to travel away from their bedding far around this time of year.

Comment

Walker and Shelby counties. Spent a lot of time in Spring and early summer moving stands, trimming shooting lanes, establishing new hand corn sites (I start off with mineral and Trophy Rock and then switch to corn in September). I'm trying to stay out of the woods as much as possible right now to allow everything to settle. Will go back in and pull camera cards in a couple of weeks. Expecting a couple of my homebody bucks to make the hit list this year and always get some new deer move in about the time the guns start firing. Should be a good year.

Comment

Panola Co. here. I haven't done a thing yet. Might get some cameras out by the end of the month. Don't know why!! We all know there are no deer in East Tx, right??

Comment

Working...
                                X