No announcement yet.

2017-2018 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I hunt public and one small place in wood county. Doing a whole lot of staying out of the wood county place. Great deer come through early November and then they are gone, which leads me to believe it's intrusion on our part. Anyways, really going after 2 deer up there. Ones a 9 that I passed 2 years ago at 4 I believe and one is deer that put on about 35 inches between 3 and 4. But he will be 5 this year. I haven't ran cameras or anything. I will plant for fall and hope for the best. We only hunt it a handful of times a year as I enjoy the public atmosphere. But I do enjoy following this thread. Good luck to all.

Edit, the year is wrong on the stealth cam pic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BW96; 08-16-2017, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Good luck guys looking good!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

We are seeing some nice bucks this year, but not many does. My shooter buck keeps coming in, but he is a little camera shy. I only have 1 decent picture of him and it's a side shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

In. Hunt Polk county. One spot covered up with deer all offseason, the other spot I haven't seen a deer all year...strange but true. LOTS, LOTS AND LOTS OF PIGS on anything without a pen.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
            I just cant bring myself to post pics.i sure got Burned a couple times.
            Can't say that I blame you...hope you have a banner year! And that your father gets his hands on a goodun

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post

Edit....i just cant bring myself to post pics.i sure got Burned a couple times.
              It's a pretty safe bet that if I post pics this year it's of something I have no intention of shooting. One of my stands has a 21pt (what I can make out) NT showing up...but I got a buddy on that place and he's hunting my stands this year. Hoping he groundchecks him.

Comment

Looking forward to this thread from polk county. Good luck fellas.

Comment

I'm in. The wife and I just moved to the north Houston area from Kilgore. I hunted ten minutes from the house there. I don't have anything here so I'm not sure what I'm gonna do. It's gonna kill me, I know that. I guess I'll just have to live through y'all.

Comment

Angelina county. In.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoodkiller View Post
                      I'm in. The wife and I just moved to the north Houston area from Kilgore. I hunted ten minutes from the house there. I don't have anything here so I'm not sure what I'm gonna do. It's gonna kill me, I know that. I guess I'll just have to live through y'all.

The big sam is not too far from you[emoji6]

Comment

Originally posted by BowFed2014 View Post
                        We are seeing some nice bucks this year, but not many does. My shooter buck keeps coming in, but he is a little camera shy. I only have 1 decent picture of him and it's a side shot.

If his brows are good, that deer may be a net booner.

Comment

Originally posted by BW96 View Post
                          The big sam is not too far from you[emoji6]

I've never hunted public land. To be honest I'm not sure where to begin.

Comment

Originally posted by d_e_smith View Post
                            It's a pretty safe bet that if I post pics this year it's of something I have no intention of shooting. One of my stands has a 21pt (what I can make out) NT showing up...but I got a buddy on that place and he's hunting my stands this year. Hoping he groundchecks him.
                            PM me a ph number if you get bored.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoodkiller View Post

You ain't alone, brother we moved back to Conroe last fall, and I was accustomed to walking in the back pasture in the evenings to hunt at the farm. I had some adjusting to do. It's worse this year with no lease I plan on being a TBH junkie unless the farm is free of guests and I can sneak up there a few weekends this year. Dang people want to go up and enjoy the cooler weather and are cutting into my hunting I went from only having 3 weekends off limits to currently having only 4 that will be free all dang year

Comment

Originally posted by BowFed2014 View Post

Wow, what a hoss!

I'm still shooting swine and an occasional deer in Splendora.
                                I put up a feeder with slinkys last week, guess I'll be covered in hogs again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X