Official Outdoor Griddle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    So first it was the Big Green Egg....then the Cowboy cooker/disc/wok.....then sous voude(sp)...and now a burger flippin' griddle is the rage cooking device to have?. I'm so far behind...
    We know your a little slow... [emoji2]

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
      You guys have a good one over there? I hit the one here regularly.

Nah. Closest one is in Mount Pleasant. There are a couple of there. The fajita marinada is awesome.

Comment

So first it was the Big Green Egg....then the Cowboy cooker/disc/wok.....then sous voude(sp)...and now a burger flippin' griddle is the rage cooking device to have?. I'm so far behind...

Sounds like a lot of people are. I've had my griddle for over 6 yrs.

Comment

Originally posted by krisw View Post
          Nah. Closest one is in Mount Pleasant. There are a couple of there. The fajita marinada is awesome.
          Yes it is. I'm a regular at Super Bueno. The pork taco meat (pastor) is really good too from there if you haven't tried it yet.

Comment

Jason, don't be afraid to change. I know you love your grill, but it really is time to upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
              Jason, don't be afraid to change. I know you love your grill, but it really is time to upgrade.

LOL...

You East Texas boys make good burger flippers...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                I just did a sketch of what I think I'll need and sent it to my fabricator... He's got a nice press break so he can use his jet cutter and cut the shape I need and break the sides up so I'll have to do minimal welding. Think I will put handles on it so if I do want to, I can remove it and put the grill grates on, though I don't know really why I'd want to do that...

The way my grill is done, my grease trap will be in the rear. I should have good heat control though. I have 4 burners and the griddle surface will be basically 31" X 18 1/2". Gonna use 3/16" material. I'm actually gettin' pretty pumped up about this little project... When I start the seasoning process, I'll post up some pics.
                I'm with you on this one, I've been wanting to have one to just put on my cook top at home, homemade hibachi was the driver for me though.

Has anyone built one yet?

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                  After seasoning, I'm thinking my first meal will be fried (in butter) fresh yard eggs, homemade fresh bacon (Strummer's Brown Sugar recipe), pancakes, and homemade hashbrowns... Already talked to my fabricator and he's onboard... WooHoo!!

Keep us posted Charlie on the build!

Comment

Found a guy on FB that makes this cover. I may copy this idea. It will last longer than the cover Blackstone makes to go over it.

Comment

Picked this up, and the grill cover on Amazon also.

What grill cover did you get?

Comment

look these up on amazon
                        32" x 17" Stainless Steel Comal Flat Top BBQ Cooking Griddle For Stove or Grill

Comment

Official Outdoor Griddle Thread

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
                          What grill cover did you get?

Well crap! I just realized looking at this pic they sent me a 28" cover not a 36". Anyone need this cover?
                          Last edited by AntlerCollector; 07-27-2017, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Found a guy on FB that makes this cover. I may copy this idea. It will last longer than the cover Blackstone makes to go over it.

I like the looks of this cover.

Comment

This is the one I'm about to reorder

Comment

I grabbed this one at Academy and fits pretty dang good. I tad long but it is very heavy duty. http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/outd...dCatid=4099202

Comment

Working...
                                X