Official Outdoor Griddle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
    You guys cooking steaks on these things too! Wouldn't that be like cooking a steak in a skillet on the stove like Yankees do?

I guess not if you're standing outside when you do it

Comment

I just cleaned mine with soap and water. Ready to season it now, but looks like I'm going to have a rain delay. It may have to wait until tomorrow

Comment

Official Outdoor Griddle Thread

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
        You guys cooking steaks on these things too! Wouldn't that be like cooking a steak in a skillet on the stove like Yankees do?

Can reverse sear which is awesome and better than a gas grill imo. I said replace gas grill, not a regular grill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't use my gas grill since buying a griddle. I need to replace the regulator I think but haven't found a reason. I don't do anything special for mine. Just scrape the stuff off of it while it is hot and spread oil on it.

I cook on it a lot too.

Comment

Originally posted by krisw View Post
            I don't use my gas grill since buying a griddle. I need to replace the regulator I think but haven't found a reason. I don't do anything special for mine. Just scrape the stuff off of it while it is hot and spread oil on it.

I cook on it a lot too.
            What time will dinner be ready? I want to see one of these things in action, haha

Comment

You bring the food and I will cook it. lol There is a mexican store that has some killer fajita meat..

Comment

Anybody built one of these into an outdoor kitchen?

How hot can you make them?

Comment

So first it was the Big Green Egg....then the Cowboy cooker/disc/wok.....then sous voude(sp)...and now a burger flippin' griddle is the rage cooking device to have?. I'm so far behind...

Comment

Not for me. I have wanted a flattop for probably 10 years and didn't want to spend the money on something I didn't think I would use enough. My grill started acting up, and I had a little extra money and I picked one up. Never had a desire for the other things you mentioned.

Comment

Jason, just look at this one as a flat discada that's rectangular and not round... that way you can lay stuff on it and it won't all slide down to the center... and if you want to turn the heat down of the food, you don't have to slide out to the edge and try to keep it from sliding back to the middle again...

Comment

I just did a sketch of what I think I'll need and sent it to my fabricator... He's got a nice press break so he can use his jet cutter and cut the shape I need and break the sides up so I'll have to do minimal welding. Think I will put handles on it so if I do want to, I can remove it and put the grill grates on, though I don't know really why I'd want to do that...

The way my grill is done, my grease trap will be in the rear. I should have good heat control though. I have 4 burners and the griddle surface will be basically 31" X 18 1/2". Gonna use 3/16" material. I'm actually gettin' pretty pumped up about this little project... When I start the seasoning process, I'll post up some pics.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                          Jason, just look at this one as a flat discada that's rectangular and not round... that way you can lay stuff on it and it won't all slide down to the center... and if you want to turn the heat down of the food, you don't have to slide out to the edge and try to keep it from sliding back to the middle again...

Yes sir. I used the heck out of my disc but this thing took it to whole nother level. Greasy burgers just like your favorite burger joint, stir fry, hibachi, blackend fish or seafood....anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I do love some burgers on a flat top

Comment

After seasoning, I'm thinking my first meal will be fried (in butter) fresh yard eggs, homemade fresh bacon (Strummer's Brown Sugar recipe), pancakes, and homemade hashbrowns... Already talked to my fabricator and he's onboard... WooHoo!!

Comment

Originally posted by krisw View Post
                                You bring the food and I will cook it. lol There is a mexican store that has some killer fajita meat..
                                You guys have a good one over there? I hit the one here regularly.

Comment

Working...
                                X