No announcement yet.

Official Outdoor Griddle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picked this up, and the grill cover on Amazon also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Been thinking about fabricating a flat griddle to replace the cooking grates on my gas grill. Can one of you guys who have the Blackstone griddle tell me how thick the material is the griddle surface is made from??
      Thx,

Comment

The 17" blackstone works great with an adapter hose hooked up to a 20 lb tank.

Venison cheeseburgers
        Attached Files

Comment

Following

Comment

I have a 4 burner one at the lease. I usually just wheel it inside when we aren't there to keep the coons off of it. Best invention ever. No mess in the kitchen. Do all the cooking outside.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
              Been thinking about fabricating a flat griddle to replace the cooking grates on my gas grill. Can one of you guys who have the Blackstone griddle tell me how thick the material is the griddle surface is made from??
              Thx,

I will look at mine tonight Charlie if no one answers you before then

Comment

Thx,
                BS website says 6 gauge rolled steel. So a hair more than 3/16"

Comment

Thx,
                  4 independently controlled burners with low to high temperature settings
                  Long life Stainless Steel tube burners
                  Maximum heat output of 60,000 BTUs; 15,000 per burner
                  1-AA (not included) electric push button igniter
                  6 gauge, thick rolled steel surface for excellent heat retention
                  Handy fold and go design makes the griddle useful for many events and occasions
                  Four industrial strength, caster wheels (two are lockable)
                  Large 720 square inch cooking surface makes the griddle ideal when preparing food for large groups of people
                  Pre-seasoned griddle for a non-rust finish
                  2″ high side to help keep food on the griddle
                  Griddle top removes easily
                  Large grease can and hanger included
                  Fasteners to hang propane tank to appliance

Copy and pasted from their website

Comment

Hey guys thanks!! I'm gonna measure my grill this evening when I get home... Heck, I've got a 5 burner grill with stainless burners and cabinet. This might just be a worthwhile project... probably wind up spending more on the metal and fab that if I just ordered the dang thing, but what the heck... I'm thinking 3/16" plate will be stiff enough with an edge seam welded onto it will be stiff enough not to warp... we'll see.

Comment

Hey guys thanks!! I'm gonna measure my grill this evening when I get home... Heck, I've got a 5 burner grill with stainless burners and cabinet. This might just be a worthwhile project... probably wind up spending more on the metal and fab that if I just ordered the dang thing, but what the heck... I'm thinking 3/16" plate will be stiff enough with an edge seam welded onto it will be stiff enough not to warp... we'll see.
                      Make sure the flames can reach the bottom of the griddle

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                        Make sure the flames can reach the bottom of the griddle
                        Thx... gonna try to replace the exiting grill with a griddle that will sit at about the same level... Done a bunch of looking on the u-tuber and looks like the griddle itself is the easiest part of making one... My grill has stainless burners and even though they're 5 or 6 years old and have had lots of gas run thru them, they're like new best I can tell... I think I've got some plate that'll be big enough...

If I git-er-dunn, I'll post up some pickturz..

Comment

Thx... gonna try to replace the exiting grill with a griddle that will sit at about the same level... Done a bunch of looking on the u-tuber and looks like the griddle itself is the easiest part of making one... My grill has stainless burners and even though they're 5 or 6 years old and have had lots of gas run thru them, they're like new best I can tell... I think I've got some plate that'll be big enough...

If I git-er-dunn, I'll post up some pickturz..
                          I was thinking of building one just to set on my grill.

I'd leave and inch or so all the way around it for "exhaust" to get out from under. Otherwise it could burn up all the oxygen under there and starve itself.

Comment

First thing I did on my 28" model was swap out the low pressure valve for a high pressure valve so I could crank up the heat when I needed to.

Oh look a fajita!!

Comment

I checked my WM today and every grill is on clearance, but not the griddle.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                                Can one of these pretty much replace everything you would do on a gas grill?
                                Originally posted by Jaybo31 View Post
                                I would say yes pretty much.
                                You guys cooking steaks on these things too! Wouldn't that be like cooking a steak in a skillet on the stove like Yankees do?

Comment

Working...
                                X