No announcement yet.

The Other Side of the Wall 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty much every month for me. The last two yrs I took off june and july finally tho

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BillyloMexico View Post
      Let's see I've hunted 20 years there and still haven't shot one that big! If you're only after that kind of deer, just stay in Texas. Because that's not how it works unless you want a paid HF hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Then what's the point in all the extra effort to hunt in Mexico?
      I was under the impression it was for big deer but I guess not. There's tons of 175"+ deer taken off LF ranches every year in the USA.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunt24/7Hard View Post
        In.

What was everyone's year like this past season. It seemed like the deer were down & missing majority of the 5-6 yr old deer. Several of the guys I spoke with said the same around the Coah area.

Hoping for a rebound year this year.

Thanks for the new thread Bo

The bad drought in 2011 probably did most of the damage. Lots of fawns didn't make it that year from what I am hearing.We didn't see many 5 year olds this year. Also, with the rainfall this year, mild(hot) temps and green brush everywhere the older deer didn't have to come to the feed. Our brush was still green in mid January. Deer were healthy though.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
          I was under the impression it was for big deer but I guess not. There's tons of 175"+ deer taken off LF ranches every year in the USA.
          The point is that Mexico can be an extraordinary experience in many ways besides just the hunt. Wonderful culture, vast remoteness, huge ranches and yes there are some really big bucks down there.My buddy got this one with his bow this year. He wasn't 175...actually 195 but.. That wasn't the only buck like that running around.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
            The point is that Mexico can be an extraordinary experience in many ways besides just the hunt. Wonderful culture, vast remoteness, huge ranches and yes there are some really big bucks down there.My buddy got this one with his bow this year. He wasn't 175...actually 195 but.. That wasn't the only buck like that running around.
            That's what I'm talking about!

Comment

Lol you've been listening to too many Double Down Feed advertisements!

Comment

Originally posted by BillyloMexico View Post
                Lol you've been listening to too many Double Down Feed advertisements!

Lmao!

Puro NUBAM [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Good to see this thread again. I never knew that the score of the deer was so important. To me it's all about the good times and the great memories shared with people that you want to be hunting with. We all want to kill big deer but it takes more than just showing up to the ranch and pulling the trigger. I am just as happy with a 140" deer as I would be with a 200" deer. Score means nothing to me the thrill of the chase and the good times are for too important.

Comment

Originally posted by rlwenzel View Post
                    Good to see this thread again. I never knew that the score of the deer was so important. To me it's all about the good times and the great memories shared with people that you want to be hunting with. We all want to kill big deer but it takes more than just showing up to the ranch and pulling the trigger. I am just as happy with a 140" deer as I would be with a 200" deer. Score means nothing to me the thrill of the chase and the good times are for too important.

Well said buddy

Comment

In. Already getting interesting. There's tons of 175+ inch deer killed LF in mexico as well.

I'd go on a limb and say that's there's better LF deer on average killed in mexico [emoji1166] than in Texas but that's merely a biased opinion.

Never the less, the experience of hunting and being in mexico is second to none and if you harvest a nice deer, that's secondary

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by hogmess View Post

Very nice place hoss!

Comment

I hunted several different ranches in Mexico off and on for about 15 years, 94-2010. Only killed 4 deer, none over 160. Biggest was a 158 9 pt that looks great on my wall and was a hell of hunt with some really good friends. Did see a few bucks that still haunt me to this day! Our group and hunters we shared a ranch with killed a few over 175, and 2 190's and 1 over 200.

Hunting in Mexico for me was all about the chance to get away in the remote wild west with the opportunity to chase and maybe kill one of those low fence giants. I've spent some time recently on a few well known low fence Texas ranches but its just not the same.
                            Last edited by Boomboom; 02-18-2017, 06:54 AM. Reason: x

Comment

To Me Mexico Is not what it Used to Be back when I was lucky enough to get started. The Old Days of Showing up to a new ranch and the Unknown it what brought you back every season. Then Mexico went through a Phase where so many ranches were shot out due to over hunting and bad Droughts. Now As with Texas hunting is turning more to the Management Side witch is Good and Bad. With Good Management trophy deer are Taken every year but, You loose the Mystic of the Old Days. I know I am speaking from my own Experiences and A lot of hunters still just Show up and Hunt Mexico every season with Success but, it Happens a lot Less then it did 20 yrs ago.

Comment

Originally posted by RedDirt View Post
                                Well said buddy

Yep exactly well said some people are to dam worried about a rack size smh and have lost all concept about why we hunt but to each there own

Comment

Working...
                                X